There was a whole other story before I went to Affordable Dentures but when I got there, I had been 6 months with no top teeth in my head and I would have been happy with Halloween vampire teeth.

I found one day dentures for $350. no appointment and walked out of there with teeth in my head. I was first time denture wearer and I knew they were economy so when I voiced my concerns, I accepted their explanations. I told him the dentures didn't fit on the roof of my mouth and he said it did. One thing they did say was if I came in to upgrade, I should wait 12-14 months for my gums to set. I waited 18. That's how long it took me to come up with the money. No dental insurance first time or the second, just my hard earned money to get it done right this time.

The first time I went, I paid AFTER the work was done, but the second time, I had to pay up front.

When they went to take the mold they asked for my old dentures to use and I told them they didn't fit right and I paid for custom fit, but the lady said she had worked there long enough to know what she was doing.

I told them what I wanted but when they came back the first time, they were no different then my first set. I explained I'd like the front teeth bigger so they would show when I relaxed my mouth and it didn't fit flush with the roof of my mouth. After a couple of back and forth conversations, at which point I was actually crying because they weren't listening to me, the dentist abruptly told me to come back in 2 hours.

Upon my return they gave me my dentures and sent me on my way. Since I already paid, I made one last attempt to explain, but I guess they were too busy to hear my $700. concerns so I left.

When I got home, I filed them down myself enough to be comfortable.

I've had them about a couple of years and I have to plaster them in my mouth. When I take them out, the Fixadent gel is molded in two dips of the dentures were they don't sit flush on the roof of my mouth.

Like I said,"I'm not pissed, just disappointed :(

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

From the get-go, you sought cheap. The only denture you get for $350 is a junk denture with important fabrication steps skipped.

A good denture utilizes a wax try-in so the patient knows EXACTLY what they will look like. I even let responsible patients take the wax try-in home to let loved ones see the smile. Doing all this with good materials costs $1500 to $2000 per denture, because it is a lot of work. In my Dallas practice, the price is $1900.

You had a choice and you wanted cheap. Cheap is often a disappointment like it was in your case.

june h
@ClydeDDS

Well Clydedds, you have a practice in dallas?? one of your comments to someone was that you were a retired periodontist after 40 yrs of service, as much time as you spend commenting on this site, i would say you are a retired wanna be who has nothing better to do with your time but write reviews about affordable dentures and how you charge this much, and you get what you pay for, as well as all the other crap you post on the site, so which is it??

you in practice or retired wanna be?? think you need to cut your power line to the comp and find another hobby. as you sound just like a *** i worked for till i found out what he was like to work for, then spent all his time putting me down and slandering me for stealing and catching me doing drugs while working. It is people like you who give the reputable people like me a bad name..

so time to get a life clydedds. your blowing smoke out your *** again..

@june h

I said PROSTHODONTIST not periodontist. Big difference. Look the two up in the dictionary.

Affordable Dentures Reviews