Saint Louis, Missouri
10.3K views 26 comments

I went to Affordable dentures about 1 and half years ago, and had them make me an upper denture, when the teeth were pulled two months later the denture did not fit at all, and my teeth were buck.so I took them back and they did make a new upper denture, but said I could not get adjustments for free, the new denture did fit perfect, also I paid for the premium denture, werent premium dentures.

Well today I went back to get my permanent denture and I told them I wanted the teeth a little longer and a different color.

So I told the dentist that was not right so she made a new impresssion which looked good and then she made me sign a release that I liked the impression.Had to come back 3 hours later and guess what the first impression is what they made.and the dentist said well you signed the approval and thats what you get.

Review about: Upper Denture.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $800
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Affordable Dentures?

Submit review

Comments

Port Saint Lucie, Florida, United States #1244168

Every Affordable Dentures office is different, some good, some may not be so much.Each office is owned by a local dentist and each office has its own local laboratory staff.

There are many Affordable Dentures offices that are excellent in quality dentures as well as quality customer care. Affordable Dentures dentists are real dentists from private practices and dental groups. Affordable Dentures Inc. is merely the corporate entity and each practice is individually owned and operated by a local Dentist..

I hope this helps..

KC

I'm sorry that you & others had a bad experience w/ Affordable Dentures.I had the reverse situation where the dentist/dental school that is the only approved place covered by Medicare had fouled up not 1 pair, but 2!!!

The 1st pair were so GINORMOUS THAT I couldn't even close my mouth over them & they told me "you'll get used to them!" Uh, no! I never got used to them & would just wear the upper unless I was eating. As fate would intervene, I had gotten the flu & the worst of the tummy troubles hit while we were driving home. We pulled into the highway rest stop & I power puked so hard my dentures flew into those handy dandy automatic flushing toilets & when I lifted my head; *click* FLUSH!

Yeah... Good times, good times! I look back & laugh maniacally, now but wasn't happy then. The second pair took forever to be made & again, were not properly fitted & didn't look right.

They also were super yellow looking! This was through the state dental school & took 8 months to be made!!! Michelangelo could've sculpted them in less time. Again, they weren't comfortable no matter what adjustments were made.

A few years down the road, my pseudo-husband came into some money & we tried the Affordable Dentures by Camden, NJ. The wax set proved to be too big & luckily the dentist listened to me & understood what I meant when I said that I had a slight overbite & the bottoms needed to be smaller. The best advice I can give is that when the wax set is laid...

The dentist, Dr. Michelle Aitken, saw what I meant & worked with me. My dentures took a few days to make & were PERFECT! As currently the whiter the teeth you have, the better they look, I suggest going for the whitest shade they have.

I recommend saving up for the Premium denture vs. the economy & less expensive ones as they aren't as nice looking & don't last long. Some Affordable Dentures are notorious for shoddy work. Mostly in Southeastern states.

Before committing to using that office; talk to patients & to the dentist. Ask questions & if you don't feel comfortable with the answers or other patients experiences, try another place. Your hard earned money is Just as valuable as those who come by it more easily!

As for the dentist who thinks everyone has $10,000 in their bank accounts & plenty more socked away in CDs & stocks & "want a Rolls Royce for the cost of a Chevy Aveo..."; just because a pt doesn't have a pocketful of Benjamins doesn't mean they should be treated any differently nor have the same expectations as those who do!

I've had plenty of family & friends who went to prosthodontists who came back with teeth looking like Chiclets jammed into Play-Doh, or were so ill fitted they were worse off than when they went without them & begged me for the number of the place where I'd gotten mine. Funny how some dentists & oral surgeons see people as people while others see them as dollar signs.

I understand that you have bills & possibly student loans to pay back but many folks are barely getting by even with working 2-3 jobs.These folks aren't looking for a Rolls Royce nor a Jaguar, they're looking to have dentures that fit & work properly, having them look nice would be a treat too!

Sharon Berry
to KC Troy, Michigan, United States #1302407

How did you get Medicare to pay for dentures? I went to the dental school in Kansas City today and they said Medicare does not pay for dentures.

I wish that I had read this last year.My friend was ripped off also.

He paid them $3200 to pull his teeth and provide him with a full set of dentures. His dentures were never right. He went back nearly half a dozen times. An hour drive from Atlanta.

He finally decided to give up.

Now he has to pay for a good set of dentures else where.I feel bad because I recommended the place to him based on internet findings.

Here's what you do, just don't wear them, post tons pictures of yourself on Facebook to show them what a bad job the did. After that they will beg to remake them. Try it.

Seasoned Dentist
Dallas, Texas, United States #1055991

You wanted cheap dentures, right?That is why you went to the clinic chain instead of a good dentist in private practice.

What did you really expect?

A Rolls Royce for the cost of a Chevy Aveo?

They have to take shortcuts to make cheap dentures at these places.There is no way around it.

Lmt
to Seasoned Dentist #1061792

Funny thing is my husband went to a real dentist and he Wound up with chappy dentures that the teeth keep popping off...he *** into a pork chop tonight and wound up swallowing the tooth...and we paid big bucks for these dentures from a "real" dentist...so who can u trust...noone...they are all out to make a quick buck with cheap products and once they r made your stuck with um...

OMG!!!!!!!!

Worst place on the planet.Hateful staff.

Never answers the phone once they program your number in.

Stay far far away.

Mary R
Marietta, Georgia, United States #830808

WOW, I am sorry you had a different experience but it does look like you need a whiting.They allow us to pick our color, they don't pick them.

I don't know but something does not seem right because I had a totally different experience. My Experience was Excellent on 06/20/2014. I was seen at my scheduled time, the office had my previous records from 2011. Everyone was friendly.

They now have two Doctors in the office and the one I saw was extremely professional, knowledgeable and friendly. She allowed me to ask any question and provided all the answers. I was not rushed, or pressured at all and the Doctor gave me a complete examination. I received my dentures and was informed that I had six (6) free adjustments with my package if needed.

I travel a lot Preaching in the Ministry, and sometimes I misplaced my Dentures, this is my third set from Affordable Dentures and as you can see I feel very comfortable going back anytime.Thank You Affordable Dentures, I pray and speak BLESSINGS over your company and each employee.