2.6K views
Featured

I had all of my teeth extracted on 8/21/18 and temporary full set of dentures made. I was told there would be some bruising and soreness. I did not expect to look like I got the *** beat out of me by Mike Tyson!

After 3 weeks of heeling time I went back to get the dentures adjusted. The day they adjusted them the teeth fit and I felt no pain. The following day they were loose and painful. I also had a headache and jaw pain since the first day of wearing these dentures. I returned to their office to get adjustments and inform them of the continued headache and pain in my jaw a few times per week with same results. Feel and fit okay when I leave and a few hours later they are loose and painful. I asked the attendant and she said that they were not going to be perfect because they were temporary. My response was that they are temporary for a year. I have mouth and jaw pain, a constant headache and I cannot eat with them because they are crooked. Again, adjust and fine and next day back to the way they were.

Again I go back the following day. I had a new attendant and I asked her why they seem fine the day I go in but then a few hours or the next day they are loose and painful again. She said just a minute and left the room. When she came back she handed me CORA CAINE. I had never heard of it before. She asked me not to say where I got it and told me that it is a denture adhesive with a numbing agent in it. They line the denture with it and it glues and numbs and they feel great until it wears off.

After several weeks of complaining of the constant headache and jaw pain with no relief and the ill fit and painful dentures I went to a local dentist for a 2nd opinion. He said that the baseline of the dentures were off and causing my jaw pain and that the lack of depth to the teeth were the cause of the headaches. I went back to affordable denture with this information and they finally decided that they should make me a new set of teeth. I felt so relieved. I have not been able to eat anything substantial, I could not wear the teeth due to the pain and therefore was not able to leave my house.

I go for the fitting for my new set of dentures. They feel fine and seem to fit. This is a Friday afternoon. Saturday morning I was devastated. I put the top in and immediately felt intense sharp pain. There was a spur on the upper pallet. I put in the lower denture and there was 1/4 inch play of front to back movement. The bottom edge of the denture dug into the lower area of both the inner and outer area of my gums.

The following Monday I go to another local dentist. He took one look at the teeth in my mouth and said that there was no way that these teeth were made to fit you 3 days ago. He told me not to wear them and to get a lawyer.

I went back to affordable dentures that day and asked for my 100 day 100% refund and they refused. They were going to deduct for both sets of teeth and all of my office visits.

So I asked instead if I could transfer to the Burns, TN office. They agreed. I went to my car and called the Burns office and they made me an appointment and while they were getting my personal info they had a call come in and put me on hold. When the receptionist came back to the phone she cancelled my appointment and told me they were no longer taking transfer patients.

So, today, November 12, 2018, I went to see a lawyer. It has been 90 days now since I had my teeth extracted. 90 days with an intense headache. 90 days with intense jaw and mouth pain. 90 days that I have not been able to eat anything but soup, potatoes, yogurt and the like. Today I find out that the 100 day 100% guarantee does not start until you get your final permanent denture. SO FOR 1 YEAR AND 100 DAYS I GET TO HAVE A HEADACHE, JAW AND MOUTH PAIN, NOT BE ABLE TO EAT AND NOT LEAVE MY HOUSE BECAUSE I WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WEAR MY LOOSE FITTING, ILL MADE TORTURE DEVICES.

Product or Service Mentioned: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Affordable Dentures Cons: Dishonesty, Quality of dentures, Lack of professionalism, Unwillingness to honor purported guarantee, Dismissal of all of my health concerns.

Location: 2419 Christmasville Cove, Jackson, TN 38305, USA

Comments

if this is the one in Jackson tn, I heard a rumor they fired a single mom, who for the next couple of weeks needs to stay home because kids are home such a shame Way to care about your employees!!!!!!

@PissedConsumer1840172

I am not at all surprised! I am sorry for her and her family. I wish that she would come forward with all of the wrong doings there.

Juvencio

IM SO SORRY, I’d like to know if you went to the affordable dental in Greenville RI I’ve had a pretty bad experience and used my CareCredit paid 1768 for them to do the premium denture then he tells me to go see an oral surgeon because I have a large torque its a very large lump in the roof of my mouth the whole purpose of the denture was so I didn’t have to use that nasty adhesive well lo and behold after 2 oral surgeons $300 a change out of pocket I have to go back to see them so I called for an appointment to weeks no answer so I get the office number and called she tried to tell me I had no credit on my account I said all you gave me with a cosmetic denture is 350-$400 so no I never got a permanent denture and I’m looking at implants but now that I’ve seen you I’m afraid I’m really afraid can you please give me some advice.I was actually entitled to free dentures somewhere else but I didn’t want the state looking dentures but at this point I might as well how would I go back and get the money they Owe off my care credit card that’s a problem,I’m disabled and work part time. I struggle to pay for these like I’m sure you do as a hairdresser.This is just Wrong wrong wrong

@Juvencio

The one I went to was in Jackson, TN but they are all connected. They are governed by the same company.

That company is not a medical or dental agency. It is a private for profit company. I am so sorry that you have gone through this as well. My best advice is RUN!!!

Talk to the Credit Care people and see if you can file a grievance of some sort to get your money back. I would not go back to them for any reason. You are just giving them a chance to further the harm they have already caused you. Also, tell them you will sue them for breach of contract if they do not return the unused portion of your money.

You may not be able to sue for negligent medical malpractice but you can sue for breach of contract. I wish you much luck.

In some people with advanced gum disease, extractions are easy. In most patients they are not.

Removing a lot of teeth is very traumatic because a lot of bone is lost. Dentures made immediately, instead of several months later after shrinkage has occurred, seldom fit well. Face it: You made a huge mistake extracting all your teeth, and a worse mistake going to Aspen Dental to do it.

Many patients can NEVER wear dentures successfully. Should have taken better care of your natural teeth!

@PissedConsumer1771762

Before you assume that he or she didn’t take care of their teeth, you shouldn’t judge. Many people since childhood have genetic problem or disease in their teeth and at a young age had to get a teeth removed.

My father loss all his teeth at the age of 20 and so did his father/ grandfather as well , and his daughter me.

Please be a positive thinker and person, and never judge because of your negativity thinking. Until you walked in someone’s shoes, who are you to judge.

@PissedConsumer1856097

Well said!

Gabrielle Barley
Health and Beauty Expert

According to the information, published on affordabledentures.com, Affordable Dentures & Implant provide a 100-day denture satisfaction guarantee. It is possible to address the practice with all concerns within this period.

Each participating practice lists a copy of the 100 Day Full Denture Satisfaction Guarantee on their practice page within the company official website. In addition, many practices offer a limited warranty for dentures at no additional cost.

You may try to reach out to the Affordable Dentures & Implant top management team and provide them with full details regarding your issue.

You may also share your experience with other Affordable Dentures & Implant customers via the company social media networks to get a faster response from the company. Please note that all contact details are available on the Affordable Dentures & Implant Contacts tab on the Pissed Consumer website.

NOBODY can take out 29 teeth and have good fitting dentures to go in. Nothing fits well when so many teeth are taken out at one time.

The PROPER protocol is to have all back teeth taken out. Allow for AT LEAST 3 months of healing for all the swelling to go down and bone chips to work out. THEN have impressions and bite records taken on the healed ridges. When the immediate dentures go in, only the front teeth are extracted.

Even so, the dentures become loose very quickly.

This is standard for dentures. MORAL OF THE STORY: Don't have all your teeth removed!

@PissedConsumer1676590

This is not true at all. That is not the proper protocol.

Most patients do not want to have just front teeth and go through multiple surgeries. Please do not comment about proper protocol because that is highly innacurate.

@PissedConsumer1680497

I have made several thousand dentures. When you take out all the teeth at once, there is not stable base for the denture to rest on.

Especially on the lower arch it will not work.

You have at least got to have a healed posterior ridge for immediate dentures to work. Take a course in removable prosthetics, you ignoramus.

@PissedConsumer1690655

Yep

Thank you. This post review couldn't have been wrote any more perfect as relating to the exact thing I'm dealing with in Chester VA.

I PAID $4290 to have 29 teeth extracted in on day and left with my temporary set of dentures the very same day. I did this because they said yes sir no problem. Were told with the new tools out now there wouldn't have to be no surgical cutting out of teeth. There wasn't but the man had to work out in a gym or something for at times had to put his spare arm around my head twisting and grinding getting teeth out.

He took less than an hour and a half to extract 29 teeth including stitching my gums. The stitching was falling out in places before I made it home. Stitching was coming out in big pieces all week until none are left doing anything. Same thing as your comment of when you go in for adjusting they put your teeth in that look great with no pain until you leave and get home.

Told my wife it was like they were putting something on them to make them feel right or something. Your post I could use as my own it is so perfect to what I would write.

Thanks. BC from VA

@PissedConsumer1676150

I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel.

I have since gone to a legitimate dentist. The difference is astounding! It took several visits to make molds and do try ins but it was so worth it.

I now have teeth that look amazing and I can eat with them. The "real" dentist cost me $1,800 compared to the $2600 I paid at AD.

#1602077

WANDA K WILES DDS IS AKA KAY WILES DDS AND IS ON PROBATION WITH THE TENNESSEE STAT BOARD OF DENTISTRY FOR THE USE OF CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES AT HER AFFORDABLE DENTURES PRACTICE IN JACKSON, TN Since my horrendous experiences at the hands of this person and her dental practice I have been researching ways to prevent her from seriously harming other people. I have discovered that, Kay Wiles DDS, the name she uses in her practice and on her web pages is not her true and legal name.

Her true and legal name is Wanda Kay Wiles DDS. The importance of this is manifested when I conducted a search of her name on the TN.GOV website in order to check the status of her license. When I entered the name Kay Wiles, no disciplinary actions or probationary periods are listed. However, when I entered the name Wanda K Wiles, all of the information regarding disciplinary actions and the probationary status of her license are listed.

SHE / HER LICENSE IS ON PROBATION UNTIL THE YEAR 2020 you can view all of this at TN.GOV click on "business" in the drop down menu and select license and permits. Click on "Health Professional Boards" then scroll down almost to the bottom of the page and click on "Dentistry". Then scroll down and click on "Licensure". Now click on the blue link "License Verification".

Scroll down and enter her information in the fields. Wanda K Wiles, Jackson, TN 38305. Click submit. Now you will see a page with her license information.

Click the link that says "adverse actions". Now you will see the probationary information about her license. If you look to the column on the far right you will see a link that says "View Board Order". Click that and it will give you the court order.

What the charges were and the stipulations to her probation. As I uncover more information I will be posting more reviews.

@Odette

Nothing new here. It has always been like this.

Nobody but the most desperate dentists will work in these cheap denture factories where they yank teeth all day. Working in prisons taking out convicts teeth and working at joints like Affordable Dentures are about as low as you could go in the profession. Nobody wants to go to a school of dentistry class reunion and tell classmates he or she is working at Affordable Dentures. Everybody thinks, "Gosh what a loser that guy/gal turned out to be!" So they get dentists on probation, dentists who have bankrupted, dentists who have lost their DEA license, and all manner of undesirables to work there.

Trust me. Any decent dentist who works there will be disgusted, underpaid, and gone in a heartbeat. By the way, Dr.

Wiles is not the owner. These places are owned by corporations, not dentists

@Odette

I love that you took the time to help others Please keep in contact with me my name is Kay email me at cjkay777@gmail. Com What is your name thank you so much for the All your help Are you a business or a person of concern

@PissedConsumer1609932

I am just a person that went to their office for teeth extractions and dentures and realized that I am not the only person that they have damaged in this way. I am doing and will continue to do whatever it takes (legally) to prevent them and her from hurting others.

My next door neighbor is a aging dentist who sold his practice and retired. He got bored and wanted a part-time job.

He was very good at oral surgery, so he applied for a part-time job at a nearby Affordable Dentures. He was horrified and quit in no time. When he arrived for work every morning, assistants with only a high school education had looked at patient x-rays and were telling him which teeth to extract. Most of the time it was all the teeth.

They wanted to tell him what surgery to do and what should be charged for it. Naturally, their monthly bonuses were based on the dollar value of treatment done!

@PissedConsumer1601207

THAT IS DISGUSTING!!! I am so glad your friend quit!!!

The world needs more people like him. Honorable people that have compassion and decency!!

Affordable Dentures Reviews