Affordable Dentures - Awfully Made Dentures and poor service

I've been a denture wearer for almost 10 years, I needed a new set. I went to affordable dentures in Kenosha, WI. because, well affordable. The first appointment the woman just stood there harping the benefits of dental implants. At $1,000.00 a piece, needing something like 5, ummm no, I'm here because 'affordable'. "No"..."are you sure because...", "we have credit you can apply for"...really pushy...I wish I could but no, can we move on to new dentures? Dentist comes in to talk to me, shows me the brightest tint which he knew was too yellow because he was saying, "this is my lightest shade, I think they'll look natural, I think you'll like them once set". Ok fine. My first pair weren't blinding white, but nice.

I go to the next appt. bright and early, you give the impression, wait in the waiting room and listen to a tv for over an hour talking about implants (yep), leave, come back, and see how they fit, make an appt. for the next day, (no they are not same day) Next day I get a call that the lab is late, can I come a half hour later? (3:30pm, they close at 4). Sure. I go and I wait over a half hour more. The dentist puts the bottoms in, adjusts them. He's busy the whole time with the woman about an order that she can't do, he must've went to try to order it and she was the one fitting my top. She literally just shoved it in like it would be perfect. I reached my arms up to go to pull her away, oh does it hurt? Oh yes, it hurts! She goes to dremel them. I can taste blood from her shoving them in. Over and over she's putting them in. He comes in, shuts down the computer (really? Sorry to make you late to go home?), finally comes back to start taking over fitting my top he should, hello dentist. He gets them to fit better, shows me a mirror. They were really darker than mine, but whatever. "Ok good, I got your purse, let me get the door for you." He really said that. Did I mention I felt rushed? Ugh.

On to the teeth. I was in the car saying, they feel rough? It must be that weird powder my mouth was full of from lady retrying the fit. Nope, my teeth and gums are rough! I take the top out at home to put adhesive on, he put some on the bottom and on the 10 minute ride home they were falling out just from talking....these are realigned supposedly, I'm sure so they could push implants? The only other reviewer on yelp mentioned loose bottoms. Anyway, I have the top denture in my hand, I see a rough circle front center of one of the front teeth, what is this? I look and it's a rough circle of some sort, I see faint ones on some other teeth. What the heck? I take the bottoms out, the gum part between each tooth is rough, I see popped bubbles in the acrylic or whatever that material is....oh man, just ?! There are what look like gouges, lines, rough matte parts on a lot of the teeth upper and lower.

Needless to say I'm pissed! It's Friday and I can't do anything until Monday. I google seeing what their policies are, I see none, great. If they don't remake these "premium" teeth I paid for I'm going to be livid! All I see are others around the USA saying that affordable dentures in general just pump out the teeth without much care and that they just want a refund. I will say there were a lot of people coming and going day 1 so they definitely need to slow down to make better dentures.

So, yes it was horrible, go somewhere else! Looking at my old ones, they look so great, bright, defined, shiny, the gums look natural not bright pink (I paid for premium, with the natural looking gums, not). I wish I could attach photos to show the color, scrapes and weird circles from tools. I think they make you wait to wear you down so you don't notice the flaws. I'm wearing my old ones now, the new ones hurt as can be expected, but there is unbearable pain in 2 spots I can't sit with until whenever I can get an appointment. I'm highly upset and sad. I will update accordingly. Are where my photos are

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Additional Fees

• What I liked
      No items
  • What I disliked
    • Will never use them again
    • Denture
    • Waiting for lab mistakes then rushed to leave
    • Technition not going over options
    • Dentist leaving me to be fitted by tech while he placed an order

Reason of review:
Premium Dentures
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #839648 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Affordable Dentures? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 2 No 2
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 19 #1175046 Dallas, Texas

If you had good dentures to start with you did not "need" a new pair. You could have relined the old set for about 1/3 of what a new pair cost. A complete reline takes about a day in the lab.
But of course you might not want to go to an honest independent dentist who will give you this option. You will probably just try another seedy corporate chain clinic thinking you will "save money."

0 1 Reply

Jun 19 #1175175

haha wow. No, I NEEDED a new set, there are many reasons why, they don't last a lifetime. I did go to an independent dentist in the end. Sorry I don't have all this additional dentist money like you to just spend as I want Mr. DDS. Do you just spend your Sunday's reading reports on here?

May 21 #1162492

My dentures are off center the front teeth are a full tooth to left side ugghhh

Jun 21 #1175764

Go back! Don't let the chop shop take your money!

1 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.