Affordable Dentures - Awfully Made Dentures and poor service
I've been a denture wearer for almost 10 years, I needed a new set. I went to affordable dentures in Kenosha, WI. because, well affordable. The first appointment the woman just stood there harping the benefits of dental implants. At $1,000.00 a piece, needing something like 5, ummm no, I'm here because 'affordable'. "No"..."are you sure because...", "we have credit you can apply for"...really pushy...I wish I could but no, can we move on to new dentures? Dentist comes in to talk to me, shows me the brightest tint which he knew was too yellow because he was saying, "this is my lightest shade, I think they'll look natural, I think you'll like them once set". Ok fine. My first pair weren't blinding white, but nice.
I go to the next appt. bright and early, you give the impression, wait in the waiting room and listen to a tv for over an hour talking about implants (yep), leave, come back, and see how they fit, make an appt. for the next day, (no they are not same day) Next day I get a call that the lab is late, can I come a half hour later? (3:30pm, they close at 4). Sure. I go and I wait over a half hour more. The dentist puts the bottoms in, adjusts them. He's busy the whole time with the woman about an order that she can't do, he must've went to try to order it and she was the one fitting my top. She literally just shoved it in like it would be perfect. I reached my arms up to go to pull her away, oh does it hurt? Oh yes, it hurts! She goes to dremel them. I can taste blood from her shoving them in. Over and over she's putting them in. He comes in, shuts down the computer (really? Sorry to make you late to go home?), finally comes back to start taking over fitting my top teeth....as he should, hello dentist. He gets them to fit better, shows me a mirror. They were really darker than mine, but whatever. "Ok good, I got your purse, let me get the door for you." He really said that. Did I mention I felt rushed? Ugh.
On to the teeth. I was in the car saying, they feel rough? It must be that weird powder my mouth was full of from lady retrying the fit. Nope, my teeth and gums are rough! I take the top out at home to put adhesive on, he put some on the bottom and on the 10 minute ride home they were falling out just from talking....these are realigned supposedly, I'm sure so they could push implants? The only other reviewer on yelp mentioned loose bottoms. Anyway, I have the top denture in my hand, I see a rough circle front center of one of the front teeth, what is this? I look and it's a rough circle of some sort, I see faint ones on some other teeth. What the heck? I take the bottoms out, the gum part between each tooth is rough, I see popped bubbles in the acrylic or whatever that material is....oh man, just ?! There are what look like gouges, lines, rough matte parts on a lot of the teeth upper and lower.
Needless to say I'm pissed! It's Friday and I can't do anything until Monday. I google seeing what their policies are, I see none, great. If they don't remake these "premium" teeth I paid for I'm going to be livid! All I see are others around the USA saying that affordable dentures in general just pump out the teeth without much care and that they just want a refund. I will say there were a lot of people coming and going day 1 so they definitely need to slow down to make better dentures.
So, yes it was horrible, go somewhere else! Looking at my old ones, they look so great, bright, defined, shiny, the gums look natural not bright pink (I paid for premium, with the natural looking gums, not). I wish I could attach photos to show the color, scrapes and weird circles from tools. I think they make you wait to wear you down so you don't notice the flaws. I'm wearing my old ones now, the new ones hurt as can be expected, but there is unbearable pain in 2 spots I can't sit with until whenever I can get an appointment. I'm highly upset and sad. I will update accordingly.
http://wtfteeth.blogspot.com Are where my photos are
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Will never use them again
- Waiting for lab mistakes then rushed to leave
- Technition not going over options
- Dentist leaving me to be fitted by tech while he placed an order
You May Also Like
- "I lived in Humphrey ark. I needed some work done,so I drove seventy-five miles to little Rock ark. to have a tooth extraction, and a upper partial made. The Doctor..."
- "Saved my money for years, went to cancun cosmetic dentistry for snapon dentures. Had 20+ teeth removed over a few hours with local anestesia. Horribly PAINFUL! had..."
- "Kaiser gave my"ORIGINAL" receipt with all my medical personal information to someone else. I was given someone else's medical and personal information and his was a "REPRINT" as was mine...."
- "I bought a love seat, couch, and rocking recliner. They only provide a 1 year warranty which is fine but, just over a year my fabric started to deteriorate. I..."
- "First the positive (which is why it's got a star at all): The company (when it shows up) is EXTREMELY fast, efficient and hard working. They know their stuff and..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."
- "Avoid this "storage bed" which lacks storage - Junk! This was one of the most disappointing furniture purchases we ever made. From the pictures and the descriptions, we expected a..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."