Affordable Dentures Dentures Cost Review from Lake City, Florida

303 of 597 Affordable Dentures reviews

I had my dentures reline At affordable denture in gainville fl.They messed up 5,000 $$$ denture .

The dentures are now a mess they shaved my porcelain teeth by the gums made the front teeth stick out . The whole denture is to big for my mouth . Went to see the dentist that made them and said its not worth fixing . Thank to affordable Dentures in Gainvilles fl .

I have to have a new dentures made .$155.00 is now gonna cost me $5,000.00 I cried that was money I was saving for a new home

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Product or service
Dentures Cost
Review category
Hospitals, Clinics and Medical Centers, Doctors
review #489068

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Affordable Dentures? Submit review ›
Helpful? 10 Yes 10 3 No 3
Had the same issue 10 Yes 10
303 of 597 Affordable Dentures reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Grace

Mar 27 #1134951 Covington, Louisiana, United States

You should file a complaint with your state's dental bureau. You can find their phone no. in the front of your phone book under State agencies.
Look for them online under your state's name & then agencies. They usually have a complaint form. If you call them, ask if they have a complaint form? It doesnt matter how long it's been, because you're talking about mal-practice.

1 0 Reply
Clear Choice Patient

Dec 04, 2014 #910826

I understand. Clear Choice Dental ruined my mouth, which I paid $40,000.00 for. I am sitting here in constant pain, can eat only jello and pudding, have no more natural teeth and these 'fixed dentures' are defective. As well, that was money I was going to use for a down payment on a house. Now I've got a mess in my mouth and no home.

Seasoned Dentist

Nov 23, 2014 #905132 Topeka, Kansas, United States

Could have been a denture with a metal palate and precision attachments to implants. You never know. Could have been done in New York City, where the prices for everything are sky-high.
My guess is during reline, they did not shave the inside of the denture down enough, and then the impression material made the denture not seat as far as it did before. So they compensated by shaving the teeth down.

Seasoned Dentist

Jun 17, 2014 #828475 Topeka, Kansas, United States

You had great dentures made by a private dentist. Then you went to a cheesy denture clinic to have them relined, instead of going back to the reputable dentist. Can you explain why you did that?
You must not have realized that relining dentures without altering the *** is a very demanding procedure, requiring precision both in the impression at the office and in the lab. One inaccuracy and the fit or appearance of the denture might be altered forever.

1 1 Reply
Grace

Mar 27 #1134956 Covington, Louisiana, United States

I have read some of your comments. You are very arrogant & insulting to the posters.
Just because you consider yourself an expert in these matters is no reason for you to insult the rest of us who are not knowledgeable about the dental industry.
A little more tact & kindness on your part would be more helpful here.

May 26, 2014 #820144

I live in CA and was visiting family in VA for 7 weeks. I have had upper dentures for over a year already but they didn't fit good and I wanted some that I didn't have to glue in. I wasn't even aware there were offices in CA so I called the office in VA when I arrived to discuss what I needed. I informed them at that time I am a pain (nerve) patient and again when I arrived for the work. I had one extraction and purchased a deluxe upper. The woman that gave me the Novocain injections did not use the small needles as instructed and didn't seem to care that she caused me pain. When I informed her there was a bone chip in my gum, I went back two times for that, she told me there wasn't that my gum was as smooth as a babies behind.....well, I ended up having to cut that out myself because I couldn't afford to go to another dentist when I got home. I returned numerous times for adjustments, the last one 3 days before I was to leave to come home and 5 minutes before their lunch break, I had been waiting for 3 hours and would have waited 1 more for better treatment. I told the girl I needed a "tiny" bit off the top front but the back was where it was bad and I didn't want too much off all at once because they fit tight and I like that and her remark was "Well, you can always use something to hold them in." HUH!!! That's the reason I'm here lady....so I don't have'ta use something to hold 'em in!Well.....she was in such a hurry for lunch that she took so much off the front that... Show more

4 1 Reply
henrius

Jun 18, 2014 #829062 Boise, Idaho, United States

It is a mistake to have something complicated like dentures constructed when you are away from home. That is the reason dental tourism is not a very good idea. Stick with one competent dentists through the whole procedure, so he or she can make you completely comfortable.
It take a LOT of work to construct a new denture for a patient and get them completely comfortable. Often this work spans 3 months or longer, which makes it impractical to do when traveling.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.