2.3K views
Featured

I had my dentures reline At affordable denture in gainville fl.They messed up 5,000 $$$ denture .

The dentures are now a mess they shaved my porcelain teeth by the gums made the front teeth stick out . The whole denture is to big for my mouth . Went to see the dentist that made them and said its not worth fixing . Thank to affordable Dentures in Gainvilles fl .

I have to have a new dentures made .$155.00 is now gonna cost me $5,000.00 I cried that was money I was saving for a new home

Review about: Affordable Dentures Dentures.

Had an Experience with Affordable Dentures?

Comments

Dallas, Texas, United States #1273943

Let's see.You had a great dentist that constructed a first rate denture.

When it needed a reline, did you go back to the reputable dentist that made the denture?

Nah, you went to a sleaze bag corporate denture mill designed to pump out cheap next-day dentures.What were you thinking??????

That is like buying a Lamborghini and taking to Jiffy Lube to have a valve job done.

Covington, Louisiana, United States #1134951

You should file a complaint with your state's dental bureau.You can find their phone no.

in the front of your phone book under State agencies.

Look for them online under your state's name & then agencies. They usually have a complaint form.

If you call them, ask if they have a complaint form?It doesnt matter how long it's been, because you're talking about mal-practice.

to Grace Dallas, Texas, United States #1273945

You don't know what you are talking about, Grace.First, you are NOT talking about malpractice.

You are talking about an inadequate denture reline.

Second, stated boards of dentistry can only discipline dentists, not corporate executives nor investor owners of these chain clinics.The patient forfeited most of his protections when he went to a cheesy corporate chain instead of a regular dentist who owns his practice.

I understand.Clear Choice Dental ruined my mouth, which I paid $40,000.00 for.

I am sitting here in constant pain, can eat only jello and pudding, have no more natural teeth and these 'fixed dentures' are defective.

As well, that was money I was going to use for a down payment on a house.Now I've got a mess in my mouth and no home.

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States #905108

$5000 for new denture is ridiculous. Never heard of a denture costing that much.

to Me Topeka, Kansas, United States #905132

Could have been a denture with a metal palate and precision attachments to implants.You never know.

Could have been done in New York City, where the prices for everything are sky-high.

My guess is during reline, they did not shave the inside of the denture down enough, and then the impression material made the denture not seat as far as it did before.So they compensated by shaving the teeth down.

Topeka, Kansas, United States #828475

You had great dentures made by a private dentist.Then you went to a cheesy denture clinic to have them relined, instead of going back to the reputable dentist.

Can you explain why you did that?

You must not have realized that relining dentures without altering the *** is a very demanding procedure, requiring precision both in the impression at the office and in the lab.One inaccuracy and the fit or appearance of the denture might be altered forever.

to Seasoned Dentist Covington, Louisiana, United States #1134956

I have read some of your comments. You are very arrogant & insulting to the posters.

Just because you consider yourself an expert in these matters is no reason for you to insult the rest of us who are not knowledgeable about the dental industry.

A little more tact & kindness on your part would be more helpful here.

#820144

I live in CA and was visiting family in VA for 7 weeks.I have had upper dentures for over a year already but they didn't fit good and I wanted some that I didn't have to glue in.

I wasn't even aware there were offices in CA so I called the office in VA when I arrived to discuss what I needed. I informed them at that time I am a pain (nerve) patient and again when I arrived for the work. I had one extraction and purchased a deluxe upper. The woman that gave me the Novocain injections did not use the small needles as instructed and didn't seem to care that she caused me pain.

When I informed her there was a bone chip in my gum, I went back two times for that, she told me there wasn't that my gum was as smooth as a babies behind.....well, I ended up having to cut that out myself because I couldn't afford to go to another dentist when I got home. I returned numerous times for adjustments, the last one 3 days before I was to leave to come home and 5 minutes before their lunch break, I had been waiting for 3 hours and would have waited 1 more for better treatment. I told the girl I needed a "tiny" bit off the top front but the back was where it was bad and I didn't want too much off all at once because they fit tight and I like that and her remark was "Well, you can always use something to hold them in." HUH!!! That's the reason I'm here lady....so I don't have'ta use something to hold 'em in!Well.....she was in such a hurry for lunch that she took so much off...

When I eat they flop around in my mouth so, so much for not having to use anything to hold them in.Now I understand WHY it's called "Affordable Dentures".

henrius
to Anonymous Boise, Idaho, United States #829062

It is a mistake to have something complicated like dentures constructed when you are away from home.That is the reason dental tourism is not a very good idea.

Stick with one competent dentists through the whole procedure, so he or she can make you completely comfortable.

It take a LOT of work to construct a new denture for a patient and get them completely comfortable.Often this work spans 3 months or longer, which makes it impractical to do when traveling.