Show reviews that mention
dentures teeth dentist money office denture mouth people place staff
Filter review
I went to Affordable dentures in St. Clairsville, Ohio to have a tooth pulled and left without a tooth, maxillary bone, part of my jaw, and a very large hole in my sinus. That was 7 months ago. I have had 1 surgery to repair my sinus and still have more to come. I have...
#119754

That is something you sue them over. Hope you didn't sign a release form.

Find

an attorney and file suit for personal injury. Good luck, and I wish you a speedy recovery.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Stay away from Affordable Dentures in Catawba Co. North Carolina

My blind, 83-year old dad had 6 upper teeth pulled and was fitted for an upper plate. All went well. However, three days later he still was unable to get the plate out - had to go to the hospital to have it removed. My dad had called Affordable Dentures and got a recording to call a toll free number. He was unable to talk to anyone right away. When he went back to Affordable Dentures to tell them the situation - and to tell them he was sending them the hospital bill - they got rude and told him they didn't want him as a patient. They refunded his money for the temporary set of upper dentures. The woman who worked with him was very rude and insisted that she jam the plate back up into his sore mouth. It obviously didn't fit because he was getting TMG pain in the jaw. He sought the help of Affordable Dentures only to be rejected. I would not send anyone to Affordable Dentures. He was in too much of a hurry for me to do any research. His six teeth were loose and were driving him nuts - so that's how the whole scenario began.
Clayton, North Carolina

Affordable Dentures = Planet of The Apes

DO NOT go to Affordable Dentures - Augusta, GA unless you want to leave looking like a Planet of The Apes cast off!! I bought the premimun new-wearer package but this start set looks like something from a costume shoppe. They are ill fitting and the gums are too light pink! They dont fit my upper palet and I have to use a ton of Fixadent to hold them in. Because they dont fit properly in the roof of my mouth, the front teeth drop down giving me a smile of GUMS!! The upper plate gums are so thick, it makes a ridge under my nose causing my upper lip to stick out!. The lower dentures dont fit all the way down causing them to make my bottom lip stick out too. When I put the full set in, I look like an ape!!! I complained to them. They argued it was because my gums are swollen. I should wait 4 - 6 months for healing to go down before I get my perm set. I told them I cannot go around looking like that for 4 - 6 months!! They didnt care...shrugged their shoulders and blamed it on my gums. Its been a month now and my gums arent as swollen. I plan on going back to ask for a partial refund so I can go somewhere else. If they arent gonna take care of my RIGHT with the temp set, I dont have confidence they will do me RIGHT with the perm set! Plus the floors were dirty with blood on the floor they didnt bother to clean up. And i felt like I was going thru a cowsale. Sit and wait forever for an adjustment and then they dont want to hear your complaints. Do yourself a favor...DONT GO TO AFFORDABLE DENTURES anywhere in the USA!!
Dorothea

I so feel you. I actually felt the same exact way and me and my kids joked that I too looked like the female from the planet of the Apes movie!!!

This company sucks, I have been in pain for over a month, have open sores, had a technician drop my teeth on the floor and chip off the fake enamel and played it off, and another cut off a good portion of my bottom denture and they don't fit right now and I have to use half a tube of glue just so I can eat...and the best part of all I have a massive sinus infection...I cant gargle with salt water because it comes out of my nose!!!

I am so depressed that I invested my money with this company...but thats about to come to an end!!!! :cry

trying to get real info about afforable dentures .everything i read was making me so unsure more to the point hopeless i need to eat i would also enjoy chewing my food again. everything i read was telling me do not ever trust these theves i slowly came out of my state of shock AND added affordable dentures las vegas nv YES YES YES wegypsies PLEASE TELL ME WITCH OFFICE YOU WENT TO IN LAS VEGAS NV THANK YOU SO MUCH

#202964

You need to do your homework before you start griping on a forum like this. ANY site concerning dentures will tell you an immediate denture is going to be more bulky than your permanent ones. It takes more than a month for your gums and bone to shrink to the point where your permanent dentures can be made.

I went to Affordable Dentures in Las Vegas only a week ago, and so far I am extremely happy with their service and product.

My sister-in-law went to another dentist in the area and paid $4,000 for just her upper -- and there's no additional plate. What she got after her extractions is it. 9 months later it takes half a tube of adhesive to keep it in.

I've been back to the office here twice since my extractions (23 teeth) and have been treated very professionally.

You need to know what you're talking about, and have the patience necessary to go through this kind of procedure.

I think you're expecting miracles in a very short period of time. If they make your permanent too early, you'll have more problems in the long run. What were you expecting -- perfection at day 1?!?!?

If after it is time for your permanent denture (6 - 9 months or more), and things are still going wrong, first give the office a chance to make things right, then pursue other options.

So far it sounds like all you want to do is complain without merit. Your expectations are completely unreasonable and it doesn't appear you've bothered to educate yourself.

:cry :? :(

Oh My God!!! After 1 full tank of gas, 3 different visits, 23 hours in the waiting room, 420 miles of travel and $1100, I too look like a cast member of Planet of the Apes.

:cry The gums are too thick and ill fitting. I can't eat, speak or kiss my husband without them flying out of my mouth. I'm gagging and starving. I call it the Dr.

Henley Diet. I wish I were dead :cry

Well if I go into a business and I see blood on the floor and people looking like ages and shrugging their shoulders at me. I am going to wonder Where is the dentists at?

Did the apes eat them? :grin

Got an email today saying someone posted a reply to my post.

Well I dont know why because I didnt post anything about Affordable Dentures and I am not sure how they got my email address unless it is someone I know that has put my email address to this.

Once again..wrong Alison and I am getting tired of this. ..ugggggg

Report them to the news! I did, the office in Winchester, Virginia ougth to be blown up for all i care.

View more comments (8)
Martinez, Georgia
Affordable Dentures Dentures
My experience at Affordable Dentures - Augusta, GA I had 17 teeth pulled at one time then they slapped the temp pair of dentures in my mouth and sent me home. A week later I was back in their office complaining about the ill fitting dentures. I told then the top...
Everyone s

This CHAIN of idiots should be shut down. I am going to work on that ;)

Martinez, Georgia
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Horrible quality dentures AND unacceptable service

My 70-year old father went to the Affordable Dentures office in Zanesville, Ohio, to replace his existing dentures. My father had been reluctant to get his existing dentures replaced because he feared that he would have problems with the new dentures. Our family encouraged him to go ahead and get new dentures and assured him everything would be fine. Unfortunately, we were so wrong. My father has spent the past several weeks trying to learn to adjust to the dentures made by Affordable Dentures, but never could wear the dentures they made for him. He went back to the Affordable Dentures office to advise him of his problems with the dentures, and the dentist said that he needed surgery to remove tissue from his mouth to make the dentures fit his mouth properly. Fortunately, my father refused such surgery and advised the doctor that the dentures were to be made to fit him - not do surgery on his mouth to make his mouth fit their dentures. The dental office filed the teeth down on the dentures they made for my father and sent him home telling him they should be fine now. My Dad spent the next several weeks trying to adjust to the new dentures to no avail. He then went back to wearing his old dentures again. Our family encouraged our father to go back to Affordable Dentures and discuss the difficulties he has been experiencing with the dentures and ask for his money back due to the fact that they clearly did not have the ability to ever make dentures that would fit him. The Zanesville, Ohio Affordable Dentures Office made my father wait from 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. before anyone would meet with him to discuss his issues. My father said that he kept asking the receptionist if they were going to make him wait all day to be seen, and they kept telling him to keep waiting. He said he left and came back two times to take a break from sitting in the reception area. Interestingly enough, while my Dad waited in the waiting room for the majority of the day, he had the opportunity to talk to other patients visiting the office, and the other patients were experiencing the same sort of problems. He also discovered that several of the other patients were told they needed surgery on their mouth for the dentures to fit properly. One lady in particular had the surgery and she was having more problems than she had before the surgery had been performed. I am absolutely shocked at the treatment my Dad received at the Zanesville Office of Affordable Dentures. I am further disappointed at the poor quality of the dentures made by Affordable Dentures. Businesses such as this should be immediately closed by the State of Ohio and prohibited from operating in the state. It appears that a full investigation is long overdue of this office and the qualifications and corporate practices of the Affordable Dentures franchises. Do yourself a favor, make sure you run the opposite direction of any Affordable Denture office before you have the unfortunate experience of dealing with them and their inexperienced staff and unqualified dentists.

has anyone used the afordable dentures office in Topeka,Kansas?I have been thinking of going there,but at the moment I cant even get them to return a simple email. :upset

Tampa, Florida

AFFORDABLE DENTURES REMOVED 9 TEETH AND PUT IN A BOTTOM PLATE

GOOD TOOTH REMOVAL I THOUGHT, the plate was so big it falls out an open mouth, flops around and they say this is just the way it is with lower plates and I am not to expect anything better I must really look crazy hmmmmmnow 4 weeks later I have these pointers that I believe to be slivers of tooth root poking my glued in plate against my gums its really hurting, now I have wore uppers for 10 yrs plus DONT DO IT IN RICHMOND, I did go back and they made me feel lke a fool so now I must go some where and get it fixed correctly.
#1195950

Hmmmm..... A lower denture will feel much looser than an upper denture for sure.

Don't spend any money trying to get a tight lower denture. I got the mini-implants.

They are cheap and work just fine. Lower feels better than the upper !

LISTEN HERE. ITS YOUR FAULT.

WHEN YOU WENT IN FOR YOUR AJUSTMENTS, YOU SHOULD OF TOLD THEM,THEY WOULD HAVE TOOKEN THEM OUT AND RE ITTED YOU.

I BET YOU DID NOT ASK THEM FOR YOU COULD GET MAD. LEARN YOUR ***.

:p I WOULD LIKE TO COMMENT ON THE THE DENTURES WISH I RECIVED,BY GOING TO ALLCARE DENTURES IN WI...THE COST WAS OVER $4000, FOR TOP DENTURE AND BOTTOM PARTIAL...I HAD TO GO BACK AND FORTH MANY TIMES FOR ALINEMENT..AS THE GUMS TAKE SIX MONTHS TO HEAL AND SHRINK...THE HAVE BEEN REALLY SUPER TO ME ..ALSO AFTER THE SIX MONTHS WHICH IS COMMING UP....I WILL HAVE NEW INPRESSIONS TAKEN FOR THE TOP AND BOTTOM, AND WILL BE ABLE TO KEEP MY OTHER DENTUERS...ALL OF THE VISITS ARE INCLUDED IN THE COST AND CLEANINGS...EVEN THOUGH IT WAS A LOT OF MONEY, NOW I HAVE A NICE SMILE AND COULD'NT BE HAPPIER BY CHOOSEING ALLCARE DENTAL...

View more comments (2)
London, Kentucky

Affordable Dentures? Not Really

Went to Affordable Dentures, November 2007. The very first upper denture fit so poorly it actually cut the piece of skin holding my upper lip to my gum. I cannot prove it but I feel it has also cut into the nerves in that area so now my once beautiful smile is now crocked. I complained about the fit and they said "Oh, we have never seen anyone with such a piece of skin like that. We should have cut it when removing the teeth." Well the improper fitting denture cut it, and I left the office bleeding from that piece of skin being cut. I had to return the next day because the denture was so off center I could not even bit down straight at all. They remade it to be somewhat satisfactory. I also had a lower partial made at the same time. The partial lasted only six months before it broke. It cost another $315. to replace. Well of course you must know that the replacement broke in the same place as the first. I haven't had it replaced yet. I am saving my money for some real dentures from somewhere else. I am truly dissatisfied with the entire experience. I spent over $1700. total and have not smiled happily about my dentures yet. I guess you get what you pay for and a screwed up lip too. Do not recommend this to anyone, if you want to throw your money away, you can throw it my way, I need new teeth...
#196380

which office do you work at?

Your right about not being affordable I had to have another upper denture made at another dentist in a year the denture they made never fit from the start the teeth was so large I finally saved money went to another dentist the fist thing he said was you want smaller teeth dont you I went to affordable dentures in 2004 was satified with my partle but when I went in 2009 for full upper denture it was awful I actually think they gave me someone else denture it never fit the day day put in in they said they didnt understand they did a reline said come back monday I did but they still didnt fit right I had to make do for a year till I could come up with the money for more at another place

trust me, just because a frenum notch wasnt wide enough for your frenum muscle attachment doesnt mean that it messed up your smile. thats actually the funniest thing ive read the entire night on this website.

so you are right though.

You cant prove that. Only because thats impossible.

"We should have cut it when removing the teeth." Wrong answer!!!!! Thay should make the denture to fit your mouth, not the other way around!!

I had a similar experience with my uppers cutting into the muscles way in the back of my mouth. I'm sorry you had to go through this.

*** I'm putting the word of mouth on them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( :( :(

View more comments (4)
Newport, Rhode Island

Affordable Dentures

I have purchase my dentures from affordable dentures and have had no trouble. I have had them for 4 years now. I went to the Mishawaka, Indiana office. Could be the offices you went to did not have good trained employees. I have never heard of any complaints associated with this office in Indiana. Anyone interested in going to this office the address is 165 W University Drive Mishawaka, Indiana. You might want to contact your BBB in your state and get help from them to make it right for you and anyone who has had troubles with them. Good Luck.

I went to the Kalamazoo Michigan office and was treated very good. The staff was very helpful and polite.

They explained everything to me step by step as the process went in. I did need to cone in a couple weeks after having my dentures made for adjustments. I was provided with promo and friendly service at that time as well. I had recommended three people there since and two has gone.

They also was very happy with their services. GREAT JOB AFFORDABLE DENTURES OF KALAMAZOO!!

I am very unhappy....I purchased the higher quality denture and in 6 months the same front tooth has fallen out twice. The sad thing is there was a guy in the office when I was being fitted that had the same complaint..wish I would have listen to him and left :(

I went to the Bloomington, Indiana, office and couldn't be happier. The staff was friendly and helpful, the dentist was super nice (and super patient with my extreme fear of dental work).

My dentures are fantastic and after suffering through years of dental problems, I feel like a new person. I realize they aren't the highest quality dentures available - this is after all a discount chain - but for the money I am very, very pleased. I'm so surprised to read all the negative comments here about Affordable Dentures, I had such a great experience with them and have recommended them to other (local) friends with similar needs, fears, and financial constraints. I guess it really does matter which office you visit.

For the record, the Bloomington, Indiana office was great! So yay for Indiana.

I had mine from the Richmond Ky Location the economy ones immediate at that nd hve had over 10 years and never had to do anything to them ever.

View more comments (3)
Kalamazoo, Michigan

Myrtle Beach AD - a never ending horror

The first set of teeth they made were beautiful but they DID NOT fit. Even all kinds of adhesive would not hold them in. After numerous trips (which were awful because they don't want to have to do any work on them) I had them relined. Didn't help. I finally sent a letter to the company and asked what I should do when I had a set of teeth I could not wear and I could not afford more. They sent me back and had a new set made. These look and feel like the others have described. I can't wear them except in extreme misery. But, alas they told me that was all they could do for me, so right now I spend all my time in my house toothless!
Columbia, South Carolina
Affordable Dentures Dentures

They broke denture while adjusting and wont fix replace or refund, dont go there!!!!

i bought the new denture wearers pkg. first. Neither the temporary or the permanent fit properly. I then bought the cast metal partial, which the assisant broke the clasp off while adjusting. Then walked back into the cubby where I was, and said" How did you break this". I didnt break it. It was brand new in the cup, wore only an hour, it was giving me a lot of pain, so I took it out, put it in the cup, and took it in the next day for adjustment. The assistant broke it while adjusting it with her pliers. Their website and all their paperwork says they will fix or replace any broken dentures within a year of purchase, they lie. They cannot be trusted. I have spent over 1600.00 at this practice with none of them being right. I am having to go to court. Stay away from this practice.
Detroit, Michigan
Loss
Stay away from Affordable Dentures in Rocky Gap, VA. In summary, FIRST (full) set of dentures--so loose when they put them in my mouth, to keep them from falling out, they had to put in a "soft liner"; SECOND the *** was so BAD the upper and lower teeth...

i went to them just yesterday and they gave me a top plate that is to big, the front part sticks out past my nose and sticks my front lip up like i am a HOO FROM HOO VILLE. I am very upset at the way they look and as soon as she put them in my mouth I told her I did not like them and they were making me *** that they were too long in the back also and they werent even touching my gums, she told me That is just the way they are and i would get used to it.

I am not goin to get used to looking like a HOO or wearing a top plate that does not fit my mouth.. i don't know what to do, I have already decided to go to a real dentist to get a real top plate but now its saving up the money AGAIN I was ripped off, I am going to call and ask for a refund since I bought the new denture wearer package and I do not plan on goin back to get anything else from them, I will let them charge me for the plate I have but I would like the 370.00 back to put toward a plate I can wear.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey

Awful dentures

The service there was awful the dentist was so rude and the partial i got was awful i told them they were very uncomfortable ,they just said they are suppose to be, take it from someone who's been there spend a little extra for better teeth,and way better service.you will be very dissatisfied with the way you look and the fit when you leave there and you can tell them and it won't matter you get struck with them and you have wasted your money, go somewhere where they actually care how you feel,you smile is important but not to them.

I got dentures there too. Its true that you do have to get used to them.

If they did not give you the opportunity to choose how you wanted them to look then you were at the wrong office. They are supposed to give you that opportunity.

Someoneoutthere

I know the feeling!!!

I wish I had seen this pissedcustomer.com website before I made the awful mistake of going there.

My starter set makes me look like a Planet of The Apes cast off!! uggggg

Affordable Dentures MY FOOT

Went in to have a couple of extractions and partials both upper & Lower.

They ended up extracting 8 teeth, and then sticking these horrid thick plastic peices of *** in my mouth, the upper choked me all night and the lower was so ill fitting it dug into the open raw gums where they had extracted a thooth.

Went back next day and my mouth was so soar you could not touch it.

I paid almost $1,500.00 for this mess and all they can say is I need to give myself time to get use to it.

How on earth can you get use to a thick wad of plastic in the roof of your mouth, holding 2 teeth that are longer than your natural teeth making you look like BUGS BUNNY, and another thick mass of plastic on the bottom?

I felt like I had a mouth full of silly puddy, forget eating, I could not swallow without gagging, all they could offer was I needed to go to another dentist to get a bridge, because they do not do that...

So they get 1,500 bucks and I get the shaft.

Wish I had checked for complaints first.

View more comments (2)
Augusta, Georgia
Affordable Dentures Dentures
I can relate to all the complaints here and then some. Especially the thick plastic raising the upper lip leaving it to dangle and curl inward. They kept telling me it was ok. Well I never had a gummy smile before ever, and the temps I ended up with would make even...

Has anyone been affordable dentures in Madison al.

Franklin, Kentucky
I paid for the Premium they dont fit . I have been back severla times and well they told me that they could reline them but no guarrentee. So I had them reline them . I went back not even a week later and they said that I just had to deal with it that it was not...

travel to Springdale ARK from Okc OK

implants/post have been physically accepted by my body no problem there,the denture dosen't fit/seat properly on the post. DR.

that did the proceedure sold practice to another Dr right after installing denture new Dr refused to have anything to do with past Dr.'s implant/denture installed in my mouth although I was told that when newe Dr. arrived to take over practice that he would take over where last Dr left off.

NOT SO. Corp office is in Kinston NC

Gaston, South Carolina
I went to Affordable Dentures and while the dentists were as professional as they COULD be in the time allotted, I cannot BEGIN to describel what I came out with. The "temporary" dentures that they put in were so loose they had to line them before I left. The...
Karlyn

This is almost exactly what happened to me.. I looked like Elvis!

My upper lip was just stuck up. At Affordable denture they told me they couldn't do my dentures because I was already frustrated in the wax process and their inability to get the teeth right. So I moved forward and went to a place called DDS denture solutions and after a week of them trying to get my bite right and me saying "I'll just pay the additional $300 to remake them completely" they just returned my money and said it was to hard to make new ones. It was clearly in my contract that if I pay additional $150 per plate they would remake them if I was not satisfied with the look.

How in the h*** can these companies not get it right? the office manager just kept shrugging saying the teeth look great! The teeth did look great sitting on the table, but once in my mouth I looked ridiculous. Now I'm fighting to get them to reverse the $700 plus claim with my insurance.

They did give me my portion of $822 back.

Still waiting for it to deposit back to my account though. We shall see!

Mount Laurel, New Jersey