Show reviews that mention
dentures teeth dentist money office denture mouth people place staff
Filter review

Affordable Dentures - Kinston, NC

It's been years since I got my first set of uppers. The first set was ok, just took some getting used to. They told me that my lower teeth were ok so I decided to keep them for a while longer. After about 5 years or so, that first set broke and I went back to get another set. I was even happier with the second set. I didn't have to go back for fittings or whatever. They were fine, with no pain, and they fitted very well. I still have that second set, and now I have decided to have my lowers extracted and get the lower denture. They did a mold of both my upper and lower teeth when I was in the first time. I called earlier today to check prices to see if there was a change. The lady was as nice as could be. So, I will be going back to AD for my lowers very soon. I am sure that I will be happy, but if I am not, I know I have 60 days for any adjustment. I just thought it was time for some positive input about Affordable Dentures!

I recieved my first dentures from Affordable Dentures in Kinston, NC about 12 years ago. No one knows I have dentures unless I tell them.

They look very natural. The only problem I have had is with biting on hard candy. I had broken several out of the gum line this way. Crazy glue to the rescue!!

I am now going back for my second set along with my husband, who is replacing his 46 year old pair. (His first were made by a local dentist, who has passed away)

They were nice and friendly and since they are 2 hours away from me I was glad I didn't have any problems.

@PissedConsumer274143

I went into AD in Kinston, NC back in October 2014 to get a consult and find out how this all worked. I found the whole staff helpful and pleasant.

I then returned in January 2015 to have my top teeth pulled and my full uppers. I have had 1 adjustment just last week, and again they were very helpful.

I am going back tomorrow to get my bottoms out and my full bottom dentures done and also to have my soft liner put on my tops. I am very pleased with Kinston Affordable Dentures right now, unless I mention I have fake teeth no one even realizes it.

Raleigh, North Carolina

DON'T GO BEDFORD

I went on Feb,9 to get dentures after having teeth pulled 2 yrs ago was in office by 9 made impreesion told me come back 1:30 sit till 4 only to find out they had to remake top plate because the teeth weren't place right had to go back next day got out there @ 5 went back next day didnt fit right was told had to get use to them made me *** slobber couldnt eat sip went back 4 more time for alignment still no luck was told last time i went by the person she didnt want to see me anymore was going to let me see another but i was done so today April 1 I got my money back I will pay $3000 for teeth before i go there again
Charlottesville, Virginia

Great Service at Affordable Dentures

The Affordable Denture place in Woodbridge Va. is a very nice place. The people are very friendly and the Dr. is great. He seems to care very much if you are satisfied. I have had my teeth out for 10 years and have had 5 sets of Dentures made by different places all costing different amounts from cheap to expensive. Well I am here to tell you the $5000.00 dollars don't fit any better than the cheap ones. If you have had you teeth out recently you are going to have to wait along time to ever get your denture's to fit right. It takes along time for the gums to shrink. As I stated it has be 10 years and I still don't have dentures that fit. I am now getting implants done to hold the dentures and Affordable Dentures is one of the only places that does this for a reasonable price. I say yes to Affordable Dentures!!!

Around how much for implants

doris h

let me tell you something, you are talking BS, there is a difference, it so happen I know someone who has her own dental office and produces for dentist partials and dentures, there is a huge difference in the work and quality. I don't think you had $5000ndentures in your mouth, be cause then you would not write this nonsens

Stafford, Virginia

No way to describe what they did in 10 words

First let me say I have been to the Affordable dentures in Carrollton, Ga numerous times - never dissatisfied, but Cartersville closer - bib mistake after spending 2hr20min.for fitting of metal for partial was told to come back at11:00 to try wax impressions-meantime they had kept my upper plate(which was in perfectly good condition when I left it) only to find out they had broken it-now I am back at 2:00, seen at 5:30 upper denture repaired with a different color, so now my upper plate not only is rough in spots but is multicolored -and at this point they decided to tell me I had a bad attitude and had one all day - well duh-they must be given courses in how to irritate their patients, because it only got worse, the dr. decided my attitude was such she did not want to complete the job, so I now have a mylticolored upper plate and no new partial or upper plate which was what I went for - the premium ones - I told the I wanted my money back - well so far have not seen a penny. I highly recommend any other Affordable denture but NOT Cartersville.

read your post.....why would I, or anyone, hire you ???

The reason you get your dentures at such a cheap cost is cause AffordableDentures screws their employees bad. I have been with Affordable for over 5 years now, with little to no thankx for my talents as a lab tech or my speed. We produce roughly 10-20 sometimes 30 dentures a day between $400-1250 a set depending on style. Yet you know what i get on salary? 32k as a lab tech and thats with bonuses! Add the *** benefits packet to that i might make a total of 36-38k a year if you even use the insurance at all. Which i dont. So lets take 20 sets at average of $600 a set, thats 12k a day. we are open on average lets say 200 work days in a year. so 12k times 200 is 2.4 mill a year. So yea, real close figure cause we made 2.2 last year. We have 2 dentist, 2 desk ax, 3 assistants and 4 lab members but only 2 of us are full technicians. So 11 employees in all. Now lets exclude the dentist and say 9 employees times 32k a year is only $288,000. So either the dentist are over payed, which i know there not cause even the 2nd doc is *** about pay. So lets give the docs 200k each a year. Still thats only 688k total and thats saying both docs make A-lot. Still where is the remaining 1.7 million???? So take what ever number you want from that for over head??? and you got your numbers, now times that by 150+ labs. Still this company is makeing way to much for me to be this under-paid, under-rated and over-looked. To top it off you cant dicuss your pay with each other, so who do you talk to when your regional manager never comes around and when he does all he says is shoot me an email which i have already done with a laughable response. a 2% pay increase!!!!!!! 2 percent for 5 hard working years. O by the way i make 32k NOW!!! thats after that pay raise LOL.

What sucks the most is there are only 3 labs in this town, so to advance my career i need to move, but how do you save anything too move with a wife and 2 kids on 32k salary????? Wish i had never started with them or atleast asked for more money to start with. Untill then as an employee i would say stay away from them, seriously all they want is your money $$$$ they could give a *** less about you as a patient. But still we employees dont get that money so being underpayed like this makes me as a person not care about the patient, all i want to do is finish my work and go home. There once was a time when i loved my career and helping people but untill i get out from under affordables boot thats just a dream.

So Basicly thats what happens to the quality at affordable, they ruin good workers to the point where they dont care cause they are over worked bad and like stated before way underpayed. If they where to start paying their employees what they are worth, odds of it are you would get way better quality dentures and service.

So on your next visit mention this fact maybe even print it and post it on their wall and we might get our point across pleaseing both us employees to better serve and please you the patients...

Norcross, Georgia

Affordable Dentures bait and switch

I went to Affordable dentures to have two teeth removed and purchase a flipper. They would not provide a temporary flipper or partial. They instead, wanted to pull all my teeth and sell me dentures. BEWARE! they are in business to make money and sell dentures not help people with their teeth. The dr. barely even checked my dental xray before she tried to intimidate me into a full pull. The first words out of her mouth were all your teeth need to be pulled. She did not check my teeth physically. My teeth are not all loose and even if they were, I should have the right to purchase a temporary flipper. Bait and switch.

Did this to me years back then gave me a partial that kept breaking and they didn't uphold the warranty and when I reported them for it I somehow got poisoned for making the dentist mad and ended up sick for months shortly after ....

Drop teeth and broke them on 11/25/2013, went to affordable dentures on veterans hwy. arrive at 8am 11/26/2013 and was told no more patient would be seen until 12/2/2013 because of holiday and they were short staff, they posted notice at 8:40 a.m.

and announced manger was not in YET. There was 3 other people with same problem we watch as the staff was just standing around.

Affordable Dentures on Veterans Hwy Metairie, La is not concern about their patients only the money.

this complaint reflects what my previous post said. She was told that a flipper was not the better treatment.

Her other teeth were unsound. That is not bait and switch.This is ethical dentistry. No one is bullied, they are informed.

Affordable consults are $20. She was told no so she libels the practice?

I am tired of dealing with ignorant patients too. Maybe Linda should have gone to the local dentist....he would have told her the same thing and charged her 10 times more!

Linda Raya,

I love people who talk about things they know nothing of. You said you went to "have two teeth removed and purchase a flipper." What made you think you need 2 teeth removed?

This is a medical office not somewhere where you order off a menu. Sometimes it takes just one second to look at the x-ray to know that the patient has severe periodontitis and all teeth need to be extracted. Patients need to realize they don't get to dictate treatments. How can the patient know how to treat when they have no knowledge?

The job of the dentist is to tell you what you need, not to do what you want them to do. In fact, they will be liable if something bad happens later on even though it's what the patient wanted. It's like you going to a doctor and he finds out that you have high blood pressure. But you tell him you only want medication that will INCREASE your blood pressure because you're ignorant and you don't know what you're talking about.

Is the doctor really supposed to make you happy and give you the medication that you want??

Please use your brain before you start posting complaints online. If you have questions or concerns, your time would be better spent communicating with your doctor about those issues.

@PissedConsumer259908

You are so rude. pissed off dentist I hope you get pissed on and lose your license you ***. One day someone is gonna punch you in the face, maybe break your jaw, hopefully you lose some teeth

Linda Raya,

I love people who talk about things they know nothing of.

View more comments (6)
New Orleans, Louisiana

Bad dentures.

I had a new top denture made Jan 17,2011. They don't make me look like I did before.They had made a denture before that I was very pleased with. I was told today that they looked good. They don't! I have worn dentures for 14 years. This is the only denture I have not been happy with. I will never refer anyone I know to your company for any dental work, not even a cleaning!The ladies in the office were very pleasant. The dentist did not impress me at all. It was like I didn't know what I was talking.

Receptionist Mandy is very rude. This in lincoln Nebraska.

I felt sorry for another man that came in on the wrong date...she talked to him like he was a kid. They should be ashamed!

#619220

Thanks for the info. That guy in the fourth row needed self storage in Toronto, but didn't get it.

What will happen to him now?

Choose his fate! The all knew version of life cereal that has everyone galloping for more.

Bad service where do i start. I am an Australian and just had a crack in my denture.

Conroe store made me buy a whole new one and when i said no one is to go near my bottom teeth the dentist gave me a filthy look and turned very sour . The website on google plus said they are open till 5pm but its really 4.25pm and now i have dentures that are all out of line on the teeth and biting down hard on my bottom teeth which is sure to destroy them alot quicker. We call this revenue raisning in Australia and it is illegal by consumer law. I then told them i couldnt make it back to the office until 4 or after no one said dont bother we will be closed so drove 40 miles for nothing to then go back the next day as i am travelling and they let me wait an hour and 30mins to then say i wont be seen until 2pm.

Totally stuffing my holiday up and i said cant you please help me as there was a major electrical storm in houston the day before which meant i couldnt get back until 425pm and you were closed so come on please just give me my teeth, you were quick to take my money. The dentist raised his voice and said no im not going to help so i raised my voice and said please mate just help me out and his reply was , CALL THE POLICE. OH my god. what is wrong with you mate call the police what for because im a dissatisfied customer and want what i paid for are you serious.

What a joke for service and disrespectful way to treat people . I then walked outside and a customer followed me who witnessed everything and said dont worry im an ex marine and i can tell the police you did nothing wrong . How am i suppossed to not think this is a deliberate way to get more money out of me , i just wanted the crack in my existing denture fixed .

I have had my dentures for 8 years and never had a problem until now after their no communication has now ruined my whole holiday and my expirience of american medical service . the old saying you get what you pay for is an understatement.

The lab techs with 5 yrs experience generally make $20 + /hr. As an Employee of Affordable you get 2 weeks paid vacation, plus 11 paid holidays.

You have a high school diploma, most techs in Affordables system are trained with in or go to a 1yr technical training. You are salaried not hourly and you are paid afull day even when you work 2 hours.

Most lab employees are finished in 6 hrs but are paid for 8hrs.oh, and did I mention the bonuses that busy practices pay? I'm thinking, its not such a bad gig.

I am an employee at the columbia office. I love all my patients that.

I work with but am very troubled by the company I work for. They have no compassion for us. We are an extremely busy office and I am at the *** of tears everyday at this job. This would be a wonderful place to work if I got paid for as hard as I work!

Being there for as long as I have I feel used and abused!

Hopefully something else comes around for me and my family! :cry :(

I am in a similar situation. I went in for an adjustment on my bottom denture because of having to have my tore bone shaved and they put a soft liner on it and crammed it in my mouth, did not line up AT ALL with my top ones.

I told them these are not right at all and the girl said "it's just because you won't relax your face." My whole bottom face, chin area pokes out, bottom denture protrudes so far out from top that I have a hard time talking much less trying to eat..this is only a little sample of what I have gone through since 11/23/10. In 1997 I got my 1st top dentures from same place (different staff of course)the 1st temp was too big for my small mouth so they redid it..and my permanents turned out great and lasted me for 12-13 yrs.

Why can't they REDO this bottom one so I can have comfortable teeth back in my mouth for the next 3 months while I wait for my permanents? :cry :(

I hate employees like you. You forgot to tell everyone that it takes less than two years at a technical school to become lab tech.

There are many college grads that don't make as much money as you. Why don't you just go and start your own dental practice that way you can make the big bucks...not so easy eh!

@PissedConsumer258998

been with company 5 years. feel exact same way, you nailed it, exactly what i would say

I have to say I agree with you, the ladies in the office (except the receptionist) are wonderful to deal with. I had 8 teeth on my top gum removed....they had to redo my *** impression 4 times since my mouth was so small so I guess this was my fault somehow, now I'm fairly young to have dentures...and I figured I wouldnt get the most plesant experience but never did I imagine I would miss 3 days of work, i could not feel the bone spurs when they fit my immediate denture in but she pushed so hard and I screeched in pain because i knew something wasnt right...then the lady who fit me tells me after the swelling goes down it will fit...well later that night i couldnt even where the denture out of the office I was gagging and choking it was so big and did not fit even with cream on it.

I call that afternoon and tell them I feel a piece of tooth or something in my gum and im in a huge amount of pain they tell me to come in at 730 the next morning and if I am there at that time they will get me right back and adjusted so i can get to work by 830...of course when I tell the receptionist (and I know she was the one I spoke with the day before that promised me this) she swears up and down no one in that office would EVER tell me that... so still in a huge amount of pain, I end up having an asthma attack and have to go back home losing my place in line. Luckily, they listened to my fiance and agreed to see me at 130 that day EVEN though the receptionist told me 4 times there was nothing she could do. Anyway, I show the unpleasant doctor each side of my mouth I feel the pain one side he says is a sore (probably where he jabbed me with the needle for my gums to get numb) however I tell him about the other side where i can feel the tooth or fragment aka a bone spur...he tells me this will heal on its own or fall out...so I wear the denture he adjusted for 3 hours...and my gum bleeding off and on the entire time...I wake up this morning and there are new sore spots in my mouth and where i had the denture in now doesnt fit at all AGAIN...I cant afford to miss another day of work, I have cried on and off for 2 days this was nothing like I expected...I didnt expect top notch service for what I was paying...but I was NEVER informed that if I needed an adjustment I would have to take entire days off work to get this so uncomfortable dentures ajusted or relined.

Also, when I initially called they told me if I got the Premium dentures that for the immediate they would take my impression the same day and i could pick up the next day. However, they did not tell me it would be a cheap nasty denture that is the economy denture. When I got there they told me the immediate denture is done the same day and pick up the same day for this ugly uncomfortable denture that I cannot wear.

So now, I must go to work looking 15 years older than I am and am completely embarrassed to talk to anyone not being able to wear my denture. This is a nightmare that just wont end :cry

View more comments (9)
Plano, Texas

Full mouth extractions/dentures

I went to affordable dentures because I wanted all my teeth removed and dentures put in. I went in about 8:00 AM and had a little wait but was taken back by a nice young lady. The doctor was kind and understood my plight of wanting new teeth. The extractions went well and with little pain. I could feel the teeth leaving my jaw though. One by one they came out and I was so pleased. Other doctors didn't want to remove them for me. Now I wear dentures and it is so nice. I wish I would have know about Affordable Dentures years ago.

You have described my experience w/ AD to the letter! I never looked at reviews because the cost is so much cheaper than any other dental office.

Was very surprised by the quality of my temporaries. And like you look forward to my full time dentures.

I went to AD two weeks ago. I was a nervous wreck about something that I have needed to have done for several years.

I read the reviews and scared myself even more. I needed 12 extractions and full dentures. I arrived as told to at 7:45 am. The reception area was full by 8 am and I thought I was in for a long day, I was seen within 30 minutes after they opened.

All staff was pleasant and sympthetic to my nervousness. I had an x-ray made, discussed what I wanted, was told the exact price and then I saw the dentist within 20 minutes. He assured me that yes, I was making the right decision and said that before he could make my impression he would have to extract one of the 12 remaining teeth (it was extremely wobbly and loose) because he didn't want me to be in pain biting down for the impression. That tooth would have probably came out with the impression!

He numbed the gums and extracted the tooth, no pain. Made the impression and was told to come back at 2 pm for extraction of the 11 remaining teeth. Arrived back at 2 pm, no more sat down and they called my name. Had the extractions done (wasn't pleasant but no worse than any other time at a dentist office) and they immediately fit the temporary dentures in.

No problems. I want to add the dentist was very nice, took his time and made sure my mouth was very numb, I couldn't tell what was being pulled nor when. Had two prescriptions waiting after inserting temp dentures, one for antibiotic and one for pain. I went home expecting a lot of pain when the numbness wore off.

There was some discomfort and bleeding but nothing that wasn't tolerable. Was up the next day, running errands and doing my normal activities. I was pleased with the temporary and have no pain or pressure spots. My girlfriend who spent over $5,000.00 for extractions and dentures, is upset because my temporary dentures looked so much better than hers.

I did follow their instructions to the letter, but I wanted to post because I really had no problems whatsoever.

I am anxiously awaiting the time that my gums heal and I can go back and get the best set they offer, I paid for the premium set package and if it looks and feels better than this temporary set, I can't wait! Just wanted to post that even though the reviews scared me, I went, and had a great experience with AD.

Whatever works for you..........

View more comments (2)
Conneaut, Ohio
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Did not receive adequete post care

I had 2 complex teeth removed on 02-03-11 and developed a dry socket on the weekend and could not contact them in any way. Contacted them on Monday 02-07-11 at 8:00 AM telling them of my pain and was told I could not see someone until 10:00 AM. After arriving and telling them of my pain, I had to wait almost 2 hours to be seen.I will not go back there or recomend them to anyone!!!! The Affordable Dentures that I went to 3081 Highway 31 East,Tyler,Tx 75702.Phone# is 903-533-9797 Blake G. Sinclair,DDS.

What ever you do dont recommend anyone to conroe ,texas as they have a no cumminication policy and if you try and ask them for something or tell them something they just reply with , we are the experts and we will do as we please , or shut up

Now i have a totally different *** and will grind me teeth all the time , there goes what bottom teeth i have as they will now be destroyed by the poorly made denture . Service is a whole other story , there wasnt any and i am in the process of now dealing with lawyers on consumer rights.

View more comments (2)
ID
#220455 Review #220455 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Longview, Texas

Be Smart - Stay Away from Affordable Dentures, Myrtle Beach, SC

The "dentist" at this place is bizarre. His approach to clients is rude, distant and lacking of basic human kindness. My son and I were in this office and because my son didn't understand what the "dentist" was saying and had the nerve to ask him to repeat himself, he got angry, walked out of the room. A short time later, the dental assistant came in and told us the "dentist" didn't want to treat my son, that it "just wasn't going to work as he didn't feel he had a good relationship with this client." If you want to feel like an animal being herded from stall to stall then Affordable Dentures is for you, but if you want professional care then I suggest you look elsewhere.

All the comments are true the dentist in MB is one off the most rude professionals Ive ever dealt with. Thank god he refused to do my dental work.

I totally believe it. He is rude and obnoxious.

If you don't respond to his "commands" on sitting up or tilting your head IMMEDIATELY he disciplines you like a child.

I was talking to a lady in the waiting room who was almost in tears because of the way he treated her. My ex also he was s ***.

Do yourself a big favor and stay away from Affordable Dentures in MB SC! The dentist is incompetent, rude and could care less about treating you and your needs properly.

I purchased a ValPlast partial with two teeth for cosmetic purposes after an extraction was done.

The size of the teeth are smaller than a 1 year olds and look ridiculous! The dentist there told me he can't do anything about it!

You prepay beforehand and get what they give you and if you are not happy...too bad!!! Stay Away if you know what's good for you!!

:cry

My husband went there today, the dentist didn't make sure he was numb, he was in more pain after having his teeth removed than before he walked in the door. He said the dentist shouldn't even have a license.

To top it off he nicked my husband under the chin, now tell me why he even had sharp instruments in that area.

View more comments (3)
ID
#220325 Review #220325 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Conway, South Carolina
Affordable Dentures Dentures
Went to Affordable Dentures in Tucson, Dr. Kevin Givens and left, without dentures or repair The first words out of his mouth were.........'The problem is' Then he wanted me to witness the 'problem' that required us to pay for another upper plate for my...

I don't know what sort of problems the person who wrote the complaint had. I've been to Dr Givens and I find him to be the most honest, caring, and professional dentist in town! My only complaint is that he doesn't do fillings, cleanings and other dental, because I'd love to send all of my friends to him.

Phoenix, Arizona
Affordable Dentures Dentures

3rd $95.00 repair on the same tooth that keep breaking.

My wife had a tooth come out of her partials and took it to be repaired at Affordable Dentures on 3 occasions. The very same repair work that they did keeps falling off. It cost me $95.00 every visit. The receptionist is always very rude. I called them on one particular occasion to pay them another $95.00 to repair my wifes dentures. The receptionist told me that I had to pay them before 12:00 noon in order to pick up the repaired dentures by 2:00pm that same day. I gave her my credit card info twice over the phone and twice she said my card was declined. I told her that my card is a debit card. She said that I would have to come in and enter my cards pin number to make a payment. I drove to the business and presented the same card and it went through immediately without me using my pin. I don't think she ran my card at all while on the phone. My wife told me later that the same receptionist always gave her trouble like this in the past. I asked the receptionist if I can pick up my wifes dentures now that I have paid. She said no, its Affordable Dentures policy that you pay by 12:00 noon and pick up at 2:00pm regardless if they're ready or not and no matter how far away the customer live. Why do these people have bad attitudes? Others have had the same problem as we have.
Tami S

I, too bought the Premium package at less than 6 months old, two teeth have fallen out. I believe someone needs to file a class action lawsuit against them. Maybe then they would care!

Charlotte, North Carolina

Substandard dental care

substandard care provided by Dr.Bryd in Flowood,Ms.Just want to let the public know to take pictures and keep log of your visits and foremost get a copy of your medical records to see what is written about you.I was labeled as a difficult patient,when all I wanted was to be able to eat a meal without pain and be able to open my mouth in public.File yor complaint first with your state's Dental Board.The customer has to be satified with the product.Please don't be swept under the rug,be persistent..

Shame on pissedoffdentist. I take it you work for this company and are one of those scam artists.

You know that your main concern is the dollar.Why should other health care providers KNOW BETTER? Why should the truth not come out about how you operate and provide poor quality dentures that a person can't EAT with? I was treated with little respect.Can you tell me how many adjustments does it take to get a properly fitting denture or partial? The dental boards in many states need to look into these offices.

I am doing my part to make sure they look into the ones in my state.

While sitting in the waiting room all I heard people ask each other was ,"how many times have you been in for adjustments".Some were there for the tenth time within a few weeks.What does this say? Something is wrong.

Shame on you pissedoffdenist. Maybe if you took out the time to listen to your patient and provided them with partials they could eat with properly you would not have gotten reported to the board.As far as my patients reporting me to the board there has to be valid reason.When a person can't eat with the dentures your office provides it causes problems with food intake that is essential for survival or had you given that anythought?? I have not given up yet.

I am glad you filed. I am hoping that affordable in beaumont texas will be one of the offices where i can get new dentures, I am going in with my eyes open and i will let them know not try and give me *** ones or i will do the same.Dental & Medical board first,Attorney General second.

Shame on you, Labornurse! As a health care practitioner, you should know better.

How would you like it if all your patients file complaints with your state's board? A better advice would be to address any concern with your doctor.

View more comments (3)
ID
#209923 Review #209923 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Burlington, Vermont
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures in Chattanooga do not care about the patient.

I need to get a refund on my partial from the Chattanooga office.This one is so thin, I can see through it. It has broke in to 4 months after I had it, now it had a hairline crack...less teeth than my last one and one side is longer on top than the other on gum line...I complained before there and they seem not to care about customer satisfaction at all... I have to use adhesive; with a good fitting denture, you don't need adhesive...I am a pissed off customer also..bad work in Chattonooga, TN...Just a warning not to go to that office...Albertville, AL is much better..Same company,I got my first one there when I worked in Boaz...now I live in Chatsworth, GA and don't feel like driving so far back & forth..I wish I would have known sooner or I would have had mine made somewhere else...
ID
#208236 Review #208236 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Cohutta, Georgia

Michael Doyle in Louden Tn. was the most rude human being to my family

my sister-in-law went to affordable dentures in louden tn., (debbie reed). She had dentures made and went back several times because they did not fit right. Michael Doyle was the one who made her impressions and did them wrong. He was so rude to her that I wanted to cry. He is unprofessinal and a ***. she said that dr. mac was very kind but not this mike doyle. This is uncalled for and he does not deserve his job. I have used affordable dentures in ohio and they where very kind people. MIKE DOYLE needs to deal with me.

You shouldn't use names of patients in these complaints. While I am so on the patients' side; however, when you speak ill of a doctor/dentist (or other professional) or their services, you must toe the line of decorum with complaints, because if it is proven that the complainant was lying or exaggerating when using these online sites (as well as any written/spoken source, i.e.

newspapers or radio shows) the complainant can be sued for slander &/or libel. I feel for those who suffer the abuse of bad medical professionals, especially those who haven't a lot of money, which leads them to seek services at a discounted rate, as it seems that while the cost for things may be low, the quality & treatment by the providers is also low. I'm hoping my experience with the "Affordable Dentures" in southern NJ turns out to be a good experience. I just cannot endure another long wait through the state medical/dental school for dentures best suited for the mouths of horses, which is the only dental prosthodontist approved by my insurance.

Remember folks, be sure to use nicknames or initials when discussing a patient, unless the review is positive, because you can wind up in a world of trouble.

Dentists have more time & $ to get good lawyers, even if some of what was said is proven to be true, if anything negative is proven to be false: OUCH, right in the wallet! The sue happy atmosphere our country is in is now a 2 way street, so be wary of using names when speaking ill of your experiences.

ID
#208098 Review #208098 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable dentures;nice dentist blame patient for badly made denture

I am a 39 year old first time denture wearer, I had 21 teeth extracted at one time, I have dealt with the fact that I no longer have my teeth, and how my face look without them, very depressing actually, however, i no longer have pain, and for that i am happy, I looked forward to having dentures to replace my natural teeth, so i went into Affordable dentures, they were so nice and friendly, however i had problems with the denture they made me, I know they are temps and my gums needs to heal and they will shrink and all, however it took a week for them to actually get the right fit, my dentist put a softline on the bottom denture and I was estatic, I just couldnt eat with them in because they hurt, but I was so happy to have those teeth in my mouth that I really didnt care about eating, my dentist called me on sunday asked me how they were holding up, i told her the only problem was when i ate, she told me to come in at 7:30 the next morning. I went in she made new dentures and they was horrible, the bottom was too big (the teeth) I never got to see them in my mouth when she did the so called try in, because she was trying to fix them, she said she didnt like them, she make another mold i guess and told me to come back, when i returned, she tried them in again and they hurt, she had to work on them again, so i still didnt get to see them in my mouth, however i told her the teeth was too big, and she said they wouldnt look like that once they are done, she told me to come back at 4pm, when i returned, she tried them on and they didnt fit right she did some adjustments and this time I saw them in my mouth, the top denture was ok, i got what i paid for like she said, the lower denture teeth was just too big, i told her this and she replied by saying that i should have said something at the try in, first off, i never got to see them in my mouth because she was rushing and couldnt get them right, everytime i went back it was always something wrong where she had to do some work on them so i never got the opportunity to see them in my mouth, I would have just preferred for my old dentures the way they were she said no, because i couldnt eat with them, however now I can barely talk, she shaved my bottom teeth on the denture, which provided alittle comfort but they are still too big and I cant eat with these as well, now she blame me and wants to give me a refund, (the mouth is not made to fit the denture, the denture is made to fit my mouth), I told her not to give up on me, I would never give up on her, simply because she called me to see how my denture was holding up, thats when I knew that I had a dentist with a heart, I left the office on Monday my denture hurt when i eat, and I have few sore spots, I have decided to give her space until friday, but i will call first to make sure she's not busy, there is only 1 dentist, lab tech, and there was 1 assistant for over 20 patients that needed dentures and extractions.

You didn't say which office you were seen in. It sounds like the same one I just visited.

She put her personal life before he office and patients.

I had my fist partial made 8 years ago at Affordable. It was much better quality. However, this one has acrylic so thin that the metal shows in places. The razor thin edges are cutting into the tops of my cheeks. My regular dentist said there is no hope for it getting better because of the poor quality. It is cheap. How disappointing.

ID
#206743 Review #206743 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Portsmouth, Virginia