Show reviews that mention
dentures teeth dentist money office denture mouth people place staff
Filter review

Affordable Dentures - DR McLAUGHLIN

couldn't make a set of dentures that I could use unless i used a straw to eat with couldn't keep in mouth because they were to big for me mouth was so full almost gaged all he did was parade around and let the nuses do everything not once did he check me. HE SURE IS A FAR CRY FROM DR. HO THAT MADE MINE AT AFFORABLE DENTURES AT LEAST DR HO CHECKED THEM AND MADE THEM RIGHT DIDN'T LET SOME TRAINEE FINISH THEM POORLEY my fit or the new teeth. The best dr. they had was DR HO and he moved to OREGON THE STATE

i don't remember what dentist i seen but he was rough and very rude. i was told my insurance paid $1100.00 that would cover pulling my teeth and a top denture i already had my bottom.

the only extra charge was if he had any trouble getting my teeth out or i had any hooked roots and the xrays showed they would come out he said no problem i laid in bed crying for 2 weeks due to the bruising inside my mouth and outside half way up my cheeks.

it took 15 minutes to pull my teeth (i know because i watched my watch) he said they came out great with no problems there was no hooks or nothin then 30 days later i got a bill saying i owed them $ 300.oo for hard to pull teeth. i paid $40.00 0n that $300.00 bill and i told them they can eat the other $260.00 so everyone beware and watch your bills

Glenda M

You are under the Affordable Plan so you can go to any one of their places. Find a better one as they are the cheapest and the best around if you are paying cash.

Rochester, MN was reccomended me by Mayo Clinic. Most are good, some are not so good.

Rochester, New York
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures - I had a temp plate made. The temp plate does not fit the mouth after teeth pulled

After going to oral surgeon to have my teeth pulled as affordable would not pull any teeth. Iwent to afforable dentures to get my plate. the plate did not fit to start with, I was told to wear them no matter what the problem is. I now have 2 liners in my plate and I still can not wear ny teeth. I chok on food that I try to eat. I have told them over and over that the plate was not made right, that they are to wide, and will not sit where they are suppose to sit. When I talk it sounds like I have a mouth full of *#*#*@*# People wake the He?? up.
Glenda M

You do NOT have to wear the dentures at all according to Mayo. You can just put them in to eat.

You are healing and your gums are shrinking. This will all be over in one year. Then you will get your REAL dentures and you will be happy and will be able to chew and speak a lot better. You can actually get the new ones now, but your gums may shrink a little more and then they will be loose.

It means you heal quickly. You may be ready for the new ones!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures - Made me dentures that barely fit.

LVP CASE ID 15-V0013—DECISION SUMMARY On August 7, 2015, Complainant submitted a complaint in accordance with the Legitimacy Verification Program ("LVP"). The complaint alleged post no. 344071, dated September 7, 2012 (the "Post") contained statements in violation of Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Use. The post’s author was offered an opportunity to respond to the complaint, as provided in LVP Rule 9. The materials submitted by the parties constitute the LVP Record. Having considered the LVP Record, the Third Party Neutral finds and holds as follows: It is more likely than not that the statements in the Post are inaccurate, and, therefore, violate Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Use. Accordingly, the post at issue should be removed in its entirety and the URL should be changed to remove reference to the Complainant. Dated: October 1, 2015

*NOTICE OF COMPLAINT*

Please take notice that Complainant has initiated a Complaint against this Post due to alleged violations of Pissed Consumer’s Terms of Use (http://www.pissedconsumer.com/tos.txt) pursuant to Pissed Consumer’s Legitimacy Verification Program. To receive a copy of the Complaint send an email that includes the review number for this Post to lvp@pissedconsumer.com requesting a copy.

You, the Poster, have a right to respond to the Complaint to establish the truth of the Post’s statements. If you intend to respond, you have 20 days from the date this Notice was posted to answer the Complaint. The Answer Form (https://s3.amazonaws.com/pissedconsumer/legal/LVP+Answer+Form.pdf) must be submitted to lvp@pissedconsumer.com within 20 days of this Notice was posted. Failure to submit an Answer within 20 days waives your right to participate in the Legitimacy Verification Program as to this particular Complaint.

All Legitimacy Verification Program disputes are decided by an independent attorney who is not employee of Pissed Consumer and whose firm has contracted with Pissed Consumer to provide attorneys who will serve as Third-Party Neutrals in conformity with the rules of the Legitimacy Verification Program.

Pissed Consumer WILL NOT reveal your identify or email address to Complainant without your express consent or pursuant to a subpoena or court order.

For more information regarding the Legitimacy Verification Program, please refer to the program’s rules found at http://www.pissedconsumer.com/static/legitimacy-verification-program-rules-and-conditions.html.

LVP ID: 15-V0013

these are the rudest and the worst dentist in the world, !!!stay away!!!! they made teeth upper and lower and have never been able to wear them not even for 1 day, went back 2 times, they want to charge me 75.00 each time and tell me that they can't fix them and they are too big and cut my gums up, i almost chocked to death they don't have you *** down on a plate, they take wax and literally held my head back, and shoved this wax up and held it there.

rude *** people, i don't know how the hel they are still in buisness, they take your money and then your on your own maybe the media should hear about all these complaints.

my next step ***. :(

Glenda M

You are under the Affordable Denture warranty so go to another branch.

@Glenda M

are you crazy, yeah a warranty, that means nothing, as they make your appointment, then tell you they can't do nothing, then you have to come back cause they cut you up, they dont fit at all and by the time they make that appointment your warranty is no longer any good and you have to keep paying them and they still can't do nothing they say, what the hel. :? :(

@PissedConsumer605402

I TURNED THEM INTO THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEATH LICENSE BOARD, THERE IS NO COMPLAINTS ON THIS DENTIST THERE IS NOW AND SENT THEM TO SEE ALL THESE COMPLAINTS GOING ON. HOPEFULLY THEY WILL TAKE ACTION IF NOT I AM CALLING THE NEWS CHANEL TO COVER THIS AND INVESTIGATE IT. :grin

View more comments (4)
Miami, Florida

Affordable dentures ***!

We went to the Conroe Tex office. Upon arrival they want money, understand. However, when my husband went back, mind you he was there only for dentures all extractions had been done, they want to do weight, BP, and x-rays then tell him they can't do the uppers without pulling the bottom teeth. This was because the uppers would feel like a mouth guard rather than teeth. Excuse me but I have upper dentures and no lowers and I do not have any issues with mine! There was only one thing on this person's mind, how do I get more money out of this man! This is totall wrong! You all need to start listening to your patients and stop being money grabbing jerks! We payed you $65.00 to be insulted, told "Buddy, you need to do what we say!"
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Affordable Dentures Dentures
I had 11 top teeth - this includes three good jaw teeth on the top. Three near the front had bad cavities. The rest were all good teeth. I had talked to several people with dentures. They were all very satisfied with their dentures and explained that they have no...
#619477

Lonnie Lowery is this you???

View more comments
ID
#341943 Review #341943 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bluff City, Tennessee
Service
Affordable Dentures Tooth Extraction

Affordable Dentures made a full set of dentures

I went to Affordable Dentures in Dothan, AL, to have a complete set of "Custom" dentures made. They made a wax impression of both my old upper and lower dentures, and from that made wax dentures for me to try before they made them. They did not explain the procedure clearly to me and when they gave me the wax dentures to try on, they handed me a smudged up mirror to look at them. The girl said they looked good, and from what I could see in the smudged mirror, they looked ok. (I want to note here that they also do not let anyone come back there with you to give their opinion on how the dentures look!) Next thing I know they're telling me to initial a paper. Well, when I picked up the permanent dentures a few hours later, they were horrible! Although the fit and *** are good, the teeth are too flat and too short and with them in my mouth, it looks as though I don't have any teeth. Plus, it affected my speech and I talk with a lisp when I'm wearing these new dentures. My upper lip area under my nose looks like it's sucked in when I have the dentures in, too. I took them back and told the lady who talked to me that I was not happy with the upper denture as the teeth were too short and they certainly did not enhance my appearance. She went and told the Dentist and he sent her back to me saying that the wax dentures they made for me to try were exactly like the permanent dentures, same tooth length, etc. and that I had initialed the paper saying the wax ones were ok. Therefore, they would not do anything about it. The Dentist himself would not come in there to talk to me. So, yes I did initial the paper and I should have looked at it more closely before I did, but again, the wax dentures looked better than the final dentures. So, I say don't go to Affordable Dentures! They don't guarantee customer satisfaction!
Glenda M

Barbie-unless you were medicated and high on painkillers or valium or something prescribed, I don't see a way out. It is common procedure.

The denturist went my the wax model you chose. It is an art. The color, the shape of the tooth-all has to go by your choice.

I have had friend who are dentist who made jewelry in their labs. I ask a million questions.

if all regular dentist's charge three to over four thousand dollars how can you expect to get the same quality at a place that charges one forth the price. Buy Beware

Plano, Texas
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures - Failure!

How does this company keep sucking consumers in? I have been sick for two years not knowing why, I have spent over 5000 on tests, dr's appts, labs, medications, a sleep study and CT scan. Never getting answers except "U are depressed" I went to neuro who found I have TMJ he sent me to dentist who found I have nerve damage in my face from my lips trying to close over too big dentures. Now I have to spend 2600 on new ones. The quality of the affordable dentures is really shoddy. I have had teeth fall out and when I called them to tell them it fell out while I was eating a cookie the receptionist said "I am sure you dropped them in the sink" and then told mme it would be 120$ to fix it, and they were only two months old, I thought they were covered for a year! I took to my local dentist and he repaired for 40.00 and stated they were pretty cheap. I am angry that I have suffered facial damage and now know it was due to over stretching of my upper lip and TMJ due to ill fitting teeth. I would never go to AD ever again and do not recommend it. for a few hundred bucks more you can get a good set at a good dentist. My dentist said I may have permanent damage!

u people are crazy a denture causes permenant facial damage get out of here please if it was that bad why keep goin back or can u not tell a denture is streching ur face god some people are just dumb u cant fix ***

I am so sorry. I am going through the Same thing right now. I have to have surgery but will have permanent damage.

Itasca, Illinois

Affordable Dentures - Barred me for life after their mistake

I was far from home for a class reunion. While at the hotel I noticed a crack in my dentures. Afraid they would break before the reunion I found an affordable denture a few miles away. they did the impression and told me to pick them up early next morning. That would be perfect, new dentures and no embarrassing incident after not seeing my classmates in 15 years. When I picked them up they were so thin in the gums you could see through them. Dentist was very nice. He told me to come back Monday so he could try again. I explained I couldn't do that, I had to catch a flight on Sunday to fly home. He then said find an office near by when you get home. He explained they could snap at any time. He said he would not keep them. I did as he said. The Dentist near home looked at them and said they're fine, but we will refund your money. I did not complain. Think I was too shocked after he said these paper thin dentures were fine. The next day I received a call from the main office telling me I was barred from affordable dentures any where in the country. They didn't need to, I would never have gone back. I have told every Family member, friend, and coworker this story. They will NEVER go to Affordable Dentures!!!
Glenda M

I am such a bad tooth grinder ha ha that I ground through my last nightguard in 2-days. My denture, after adjustments from Affordable Dentures did have clear spots.

My dental assistant, an avid grinder like I am said that the clear spots were not weaker. I have ground on these temporary dentures for 6 months now and have not broken them yet!

Insofar as you recommended spankings, perhaps you should read the *** Victorian Poem that the line "Spare the Rod, Spoil the Child" came from. It is about spanking women and is very sexual. Many people think that spanking is in the bible which comes from the Talmud.

I have graduate degrees in religion. Eastern and Western. Accredited Univerisities, not by mail. lol.

No spanking in the bible, just in kinky repressed poetry from the 1700's. That is why spanking is illegal. It causes much anger and violence in society.

They offered to replace your teeth even though they were acceptable. If you were angry perhaps this is why you were banned.

Avaline

lol...seems awful harsh that they would bar you for life for thier mistake but I believe it! I found the receptionist at the Cedar Rapids office to be a pretty snooty little gal who probably should have been spanked often as a child..My initial treatment there was not bad, the extractions went ok, after I took my prescribed anxiety pill they told me NOT to take!

I did anyway, I knew it was going to be scary, my problem with this company is..we are humans who come to them with our dental needs, we have limited income but we get paper thin dentures, I can see thru my top plate, we get herded in and out like kids at recess, My bottoms have been super glued by my husband they didn't last over two years, it was two years this month. I hope to recover from my afflictions caused by my ill fitting too large teeth and wish to god I had known it was what caused my TMJ and subsequent other symptoms..what can I do??

Rochester, New York

Save your Smile Stay Away From Affordable Dentures

The concept of affordable dentures is a great idea. Please know who you are dealing with for such an important part of your life your smile. It's your daily presentation to the world and yourself when looking into the mirror. Please know you provider Affordable Dentures in Flowood Ms. is only out for the money patient care is last. My Mother recently purchased dentures she was experiencing terrible pain after the extraction we made several trips back for help with this problem finally we visited another Dr. who discovered portions of the tooth broke off in my mother's mouth. Please seek other choices when this time comes for you. Save your smile.

I WORKED FOR THEM FOR ABOUT 5 YEARS AND I WOULD NEVER SEND MY FAMILY OR FRIENDS THERE. THEY ONLY WANT PEOPLES MONEY AN WHEN THEY GET IT.

THE PATIENTS TURN INTO PROBLEMS. I COULDNT DO IT ANYMORE WORK FOR SOMEONE SO GREEDY AND TREAT PEOPLE SO RUDE.....

SO YES PLEASE STAY AWAY!!!! SAVE YOUR TEETH :zzz

I agree totally..save your smile..choose wisely. I wish I had researched this place before I went..Seems there are more complaints than good reviews, I work with another gal who went to the Ceder Rapids office and she wishes she had never gone too. These places are like cattle herders, get you in get you out, to *** with quality.

your comments are unwarranted and untrue. you neglect to say how you cursed the associate doctor here, how we had to ask you to lower your voice and how you refused to even look at the xray that shows the extractions done in this office WERE NOT the teeth or area that your mother had trouble with.

if you had quieted your mouth and listened and looked you would have understood that she had a "root" left in the bone from an extraction done long ago (not here). And, he told her about it when a pan xray was taken before her extraction was begun. you want to condemn the associate doctor when he actually was the one who informed your mother of the situation that existed and told her of the possible need for treatment/surgery in the future. he was caring and sincere in regards to your mother.

he was doing his part to help your mother. the documentation is here along with the preop xrays showing the existing root tip.

we made every attempt to show you the truth but you were totally out of control with your anger. your complaint is "save your smile"...honey..you need help to save your soul...that kind of anger and refusal to listen to the truth is unhealthy.

View more comments (2)
Boligee, Alabama

Affordable Dentures - Bad Dentures

Once again, I make a complaint about Affordable Dentures in Cartersvillle, GA. Since January 14, 2012, I have had to have 2 sets of what they are calling "temporary dentures". Have gone back several times, waiting for hours at a time, due to continued problems with these upper dentures (having to pay extra monies each time). After 6 months, I got to the point that I could not stand to have these things in my mouth anymore. I couldn't chew (not even spaghetti) and my mouth would be so sore that I had to take them out by 3:00 p.m. I had to use tons of glue to keep them in my mouth. Finally, yesterday I went to a general dentist here in Cartersville, and it took him 1 1/2 hrs. to straighten these dentures out. The *** was so off, there were so many pressure points, etc. that it took him this long to get them right. He also told me there is no such thing as temporary and permanent dentures (he's never heard of this). He said that when you get your dentures after extractions, most likely there will have to be adjustments; but he continued to tell me that they do what is called a "temporary alignment" which can last from 3-6 months depending on the patient. Then you come back in and a "permanent alignment" is done to the dentures and that is it. So, with Affordable Dentures, you are paying for 2 sets of dentures (temporary and permanent). What a scam! They will be seeing me in small claims court in the very near future. For 6 months, I have been on a soft, very soft diet and have lost about 35 lbs. Why is that Affordable Dentures couldn't get it right? They never did the things this general dentist did to try and make these right. This dentist could have said that there was nothing he could do with these dentures, but he worked for 1 1/2 hrs. to get them right.
Avaline

I too am seeking legal advice/council...I had to glue my teeth in 3-4 times daily and couldn't get thru a meal and I too had to stop eating real food, mostly soft textures now. I am getting new dentures now at 2600 bucks, so my affordable dentures are not so affordable, they keep costing and costing....

Chantilly, Virginia
Affordable Dentures Dentures
I'M AM SO PLEASED WITH MY NEW DENTURES,,,,MY APPT WAS AT 8:40 I HAD MY NEW DENTURES BY 3:00 I HAVE NO SORE SPOTS PERFECT FIT,,COLOR RIGHT,,,AN THE TEETH ARE PERFECT;;;DON'T GET ME WRONG THEY HAVE LOTS OF PATIENTS ..BUT THE STAFF MOVE YOU ALONG QUICKLY..THEY...

I traveled over 75 miles one way, the dentures were horribly crooked, no one would have accepted them.

I am so glad I had them refund when they wouldn't fix problem without more money.

I went to a dentist closer to me, got a terrific upper denture I can live with for years. I had to make two trips

at over 75 miles each way total of 300 miles plus out of my pocket.

This is just wrong.

My husband and I are both severely disabled and this was just plain wrong. I went to buy one set of dentures,

they said I had to buy two, proved them wrong when new dentist just made uppers, refused to fix problem where they made them crooked, thus very crooked smile, midline was badly off. Just a refund is NOT enough cause I am still out the cost of the gasoline and my time.

Also, now they say they took care of the matter and they DID NOT. I feel they should pay for the cost of gasoline and use of vehicle yet and our time wasted.

View more comments
ID
#332050 Review #332050 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Stone Mountain, Georgia

Affordable Dentures - I WAS PREPPED TO HAVE TOOTH REMOVED BUT IT'S STILL THERE

On wednesday July 18,2012 I went to the affordable dental of Corpus Christi Texas. My blood pressure was taken high as usuallly. I was given both shots to numb my mouth and remove the tooth. MY BLOOD PRESSURE AS 185 OVER 160, WHEN THE THE SHOT THAT GOES IN THE CENTER OF MY MOUTH WENT IN THE BLOOD PRESSURE SPIKED UP TO 210 OVER 176. THE TOOTH WAS NEVER REMOVED AFTER ALL THE PREPPEING. The office is located in the Ashely center on the 4300 S.p.i.d Unit 4-1. Richard A. Day, DMD, PA-General Dentist.

Went tothe office...am appt...with over50 others ...like a meat market...only for teeth.long story short. The guy broke teeth ...4...off at gumline this waz over 6 yrs ago now im.being told will damage heart must remove or die...i spent my money at these jackbags so i guess they win...but now u know...that was carrollton offjde :x

ID
#332047 Review #332047 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Corpus Christi, Texas
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures - Wanted $25.00 + $75.00 ex-ray to Consult Dentist!

The receptionist @ Affordable Dentures was polite over the phone and at the office. I repeatedly asked her if the $25.00 "Consultation Fee" was all that I would be charged for a "consultation". The receptionist assured me that that is all it would cost me to find out what type of 'Dental Package' I would need. I filled out the paperwork, but hesitated to sign the paper titled "Treatment Consent" which stated verbatim:" All of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I confirm that I have read this form or it was read to me. I agree and consent to the above treatment plan presented to me by the dentist and I understand the treatment options presented to me." I had NOT seen the dentist yet! I was further informed that I needed to have a $75.00 ex-ray BEFORE I could even consult with the dentist!! I scooped up ALL MY Paperwork and Left!! This is clearly a SCAM~~BAIT & SWITCH~~ Google the "FRONTLINE" TV program "Dental Care Rip-Offs" before going here!! I don't even know if he was a nice person, I never got to meet him, which I would have liked to do BEFORE he yanks ALL my teeth out of my head!!

Savannah Georgia's office is dumber than a box of rocks....silly *** is all I can say...however, I am thankful they do not know how to take a blood pressure and gave my mother not 1 but 3 false high readings on a automatic blood pressure machine and refused to perform services requested, otherwise I wonder if she would have made it out alive. Her BP is perfect manually, as a RN, I have taken it numerous times.

Wow...BEWARE!!!!! :x

Deland, Florida

Affordable Dentures in Chattanooga very rude

Would not explain the difference in their low priced and high priced dentures. They wanted me to pay $105 for an office visit.They told me that I was being silly by asking so many questions. It took three calls to get them to give me the cost of an office visit because they kept putting me on hold and cutting me off. I have had two sets of dentures. Cooperative office help is essential because the chances are that you will have to make appointments and return several times for adjustments. They were very rude on the phone and seemed to resent that I knew enough to ask important questions. I canceled my appointment because I felt that may be a big rip off by advertising as being affordable, and charging high prices. The old bait and switch game. Beware. Go to a recommended dentist. Not a tooth mill.

True! The Chattanooga office is terrible & Dr.

Mcnamara is even more so! I went to have upper & lower partials made, but after having to pay $150 for exrays I was told that they wouldn't fit in my mouth!! Wth??

My original teeth fit in my mouth just fine! These people are sham artists!

Don't bother to try to get them on the phone. Tried twice and both times waited 15 minutes before hanging up. Makes you wonder how you would be treated if you were in their office.

Washington, District Of Columbia

Affordable dentures. Swannannoa nc

Affordable dentures took two teeth but left the roots, didn't even tell me and they stitched me up and sent me on my way. A few months later I went to a new dentist who took xrays saw the roots and told me as a lack of a good dentist now I have to have surgery to remove the roots. I should have went somewhere good in the first place but they were cheaper. So now I have to pay for surgery it ends up costing more so go somewhere good in the beginning pay more its worth it.
CHRISTINA

I have never been in any of the "affordable dentures" offices,but I emailed them 2 weeks ago (Topeka Kansas location)enquiring about how much I would need to pay initailly and if they accepted my dental insurance ,and I still have not received a email from them. :sigh

I know right? I spent a total of 1950$ at affordable dentures (590 for dentures) I wore a temp set for a year then got the perms two years ago, now I am spening an additional 2600 at a dentist who found my medical problem related to the oversized dentures I got from affordable dentures.

am I mad? you bet..am I talking to a lawyer/ oh yeah

Asheville, North Carolina