Show reviews that mention
dentures teeth dentist money office denture mouth people place staff
Filter review

Affordable Dentures (where'smyteeth)

I began denture process, paid up front for everything, had extractions and got upper and lower temporaries. Affordable had a "falling out" with the dental practice. Each one is pointing the finger of responsibility at the other. . Affordable originally agreed to allow another practice to complete my dentures. I waited the required healing time and contacted Affordable. In the meantime, they "changed their mind" and told me to seek satisfaction from the dental practice. I tried but they have not responded. Currently, neither one is giving me any hope or satisfaction. They have my teeth and my money. I have a sore, empty mouth. Beware
Palmerton, Pennsylvania

AFFORDABLE DENTURES BAD UPPER & BOTTOMS

WENT TO ROCKFORD ILLINOIS FOR DENTURES, I HAD 5 UPPER FRONT TEETH PULLED, IT WAS OVER BEFORE I KNEW IT! NO PAIN AT ALL. GREAT PRICE BUT THAT AFTERNOON I RECEIVE MY NEW UPPER TEETH. THEY TOLD ME TO KEEP THEM IN FOR THREE DAY. THEY WAS SO BIG ONE NIGHT I ALMOST CHOCK ON THEM. I WOKE UP REAL FAST, GAGGING. I CALLED THEM AND TOLD THEM WHAT HAPPEN, THEY SAID MY GUMS ARE STARTING SRINK. THAT I WOULD WAIT A MONTH AND THEY WOULD RELINE THEM. I SHOULD TAKE THEM OUT AT NIGHT AND PUT THEM BACK IN IN THE MORNING. I DID THAT. SO FAR I HAVE BEEN BACK 4 TIME TO GET RELINE. I CAN'T EAT WITH THEM, SILLY BUT I HAD TO TAKE THEM OUT TO EAT, OR THEM WOULD BE IN MY FOOD, STUCK OF COURSE, NO TEETH FOR EATING. I HAD THIS ALL DONE IN FEB 2012 LAST TIME I WENT THERE IN JULY THEY SAID I HAVE TO WAIT A COUPLE OF MONTHS GUMS ARE STILL HEALING. I SAID WHAT! THEY SAID I COULD COME IN WHEN I CALLED IN SEPT. 2012 SO THEY SET UP APPOINTMENT FOR ME MONDAY MORNING. BUT I WOULD HAVE SIGN A RELEASE THAT THEY WILL NOT BE RESPONDABLE FOR FOR ANY MORE FITTING OR LINING OF THE TEETH. THAT IT WOULD BE THE FINAL STEP. I CALLED AND LEFT A MESSAGE AND SAID CANCEL MY APPOINTMENT AND FORGET IT I WILL NOT SIGN ANY PAPER WAIVERING THEM FROM DOING THE FINIAL JOB RIGHT. I HAVE NOT CALLED THEM BACK SINCE THEN. PEOPLE KEEP ASKING ME WHEN DO I GET MY NEW TEETH, I SAID SOON. MY FACE LOOKS BACK WITHOUT THEM AND I HATE TO SMILE. OR EVEN TAKE TO ANY ONE WITH OUT MY HAND OVER MY FACE. NOW THE HOLIDAYS ARE COMING AND I DON'T WANT ANY PICTURES OF ME TAKEN. I HAVE SPENT A LOT OF TIME AT HOME NOT GOING OUT UNLESS I HAVE TO. I WOULD LOVE TO SUE THEM BUT IT WOULD BE WORTHLESS. I JUST WANT MY TEETH TO BE RIGHT. THE GUMS WERE WAY TO BIG, TEETH STUCK WAY OUT. I LOOK LIKE I HAD BUCK TEETH, I HATE WEARING THEM, I HAVE TROUBLE TALKING WITH OUT THE TEETH FALLING OUT WHEN I DO. EATING SOFT FOOD SINCE FEB 2012 HAS NOT BE THE GREATEST. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND AFFORDABLE DENTURES TO NO ONE. BOTTOM TEETH WAS A BRIDGE AND THEY ARE LOOSE, I USE FIX A DENT POWER EVERY DAY TO HOLD THEM IN. AND SOME TIME THEY COME OUT WITH MY FOOD AS WELL. I WISH SOME ONE COULD STEER ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. I PAID FOR THESE ALL READY AND I HAD TO SEE THE OUT COME WHEN THEY ARE DONE. THEY SAID NO REFUNDS BUT THEY TOOK MY MONEY IN FEB 2012 WITH NO PROBLEM. FOR BOTH SETS, SO FAR I HAVE ONLY USED THE BOTTOMS, SO I HAVE SOME TEETH IN MY MOUTH. PLEASE DON'T GO TO AFFORDABLE DENTURES YOU WILL BE SORRY.

Boy are you ever right - my teeth don't fit and they do stick to the food and come out even with paste on them -- more fun!!!

Rockford, Illinois

Affordable Dentures - Non fitting dentures

not happy at all with Aspen dental in Albany NY. I paid for "the best set" they said. I paid 2,000.00 half covered by insurance that I was loosing. the set was too big and rough feeling ,I was told they are more realistic that way. they were very rude and after 2 tries to fit them I gave up and put them in medicine cabinet. I bought my first set 10 yrs ago in Not=rth Carolina and I love them, unfortunately they are cracking ,so I went to Aspen in East Greenbush NY . they said they would help (still under warranty) got there and was told you really should go back to Albany I cant help you. Aspen Dental is terrible .
Albany, New York
$2000
I have now filed a small claims suit against Affordable Dentures for the football helmet they put into my mouth instead of what I purchased - the most expensive package for an upper denture. Guess what they tried to do?? They attempted to contact the general dentist...
Tucker, Georgia
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures - Not happy with crooked teeth!!

I went to affordable dentures in collingswood nj a few years ago and got a full upper plate. I asked if they could be filed a little because they seemed to be real low in the front. Well the woman seemed aggitated and took them to file & what i was left with was crooked teeth! One side hangs lower then the other, and when i talk you can barely tell i have teeth in. I HATE MY SMILE!!! I paid a little over $1500 in cash that day for extractions and teeth. . I hate to smile or talk because of the way i look but its not like i have a ton of money to keep goin to get another set, so im left with these crooked teeth!! ty for nothing Aff. Dent.!!

I have the same experience with this clinic in Collingswood. My gums bleed and they just forcing to fit the debtures in my mouth.

I should've listen from a couple of customers when they approached me at the parking lot. They said they are very unhappy with the service and the their dentures. I think this clinic aware that their patients are trapped in poverty and can't afford an attorney to suit. I've seen hundreds of complaints on line about Affordable Dentures and there is nothing and no one is doing anything to help.

Ive seen patients video taping themselves and post it on youtube. These patients are sharing their nightmares on websites with Affordable Dentures.

I, too, have had a dreadful experience with Affordable Dentures in W. Collingswood Hts.

A less professional place, I have yet to see. I have been trying to get a partial that was made there to fit for almost a year. To no avail. Whatever you do, go out of your way NOT to go there.

It has been a nightmare. They have no concept of time. Come in at 8, wait for an hour, come back in 2 hours, over and over. I work, and have to take an entire day off!

I talk for a living, but I can't speak properly or, God forbid, eat anything. I was trying to save some money, as I have no dental insurance, but...you get what you pay for. Now, it will cost me more money (that I don't have) to get something that will fit properly. They become exasperated with customers who actually want some quality for what they pay for.

I have come to the realization that they can't make anything quality, no matter how much you complain. They will tell you how wonderful your "great" teeth look, but they DON'T.

I feel your pain! I too,hide my smile.

Woodbury, New Jersey

Affordable Dentures - Sensitive to pressure and cold

My husband went to Affordable Dentures in Rochester, MN. He just had bypass surgery 4 months ago and is very sensitive to pressure and cold. The Dentist was putting stuff in his mouth to make impressions and my husband complained on the pressure and the cold. After 2-3 times of making movements and complaining the dentist said that's it, I am done with you. So, this is customer service? Do they not have any compassion on those who are sensitive? My husband has had dentures for over 60 years. Thanks Affordable, we will tell everyone about you and your impatient Customer Service!

After 2to 3 times of *** about the pain the dentist did the right thing. Wait for a while and come back when you are ready to get an impresion made.

They will not miss you. :cry :cry :cry

Lake Mills, Iowa
Affordable Dentures Dentures
I went to Affordable Dentures in Woodbridge, VA. Had my teeth pulled, and top and bottom plates made. After complaining about the plates being too big they redone the top plate, but not the bottom. After 6 months the bottom is still to big. They keep telling me I need...
Jerline

I contacted their main office, because this is what they tell you to do. They promise a 100% satisfaction, and then never follow thru. The customer service rep I spoke to said someone would be in touch that day. I figured she meant the same day I called, however I am still waiting on that call. This whole company is nothing but a bunch of *** artists who have pitched their name together under the same roof and called it affordable dentures.

I have found they are not affordable when you have to go somewhere else and have the dentures made correctly. The Woodbridge Va store is full of incompetent idiots, who should be put out of business. They are no better then Madoff was.

It seems from what I have heard that all of them are the same. My Step Father went to the one in Bedford, Va and had the same identical problem I had.

View more comments
New York, New York

Affordable dentures Tracy CA,

In may of2012 I went to Affordable Dentures in Tracy CA. for new dentures one day service The dentis, makeing the moulds pulled them and they where not fully setup he then used his finger to smooth the mould, when the dentures where made they hurt my mouth so bad i could not eat with them 9 visits to the office for adjustments (including a reline of the new dentures) and the still hurt the dentis said if I had any more problems that there would be a charge This Pissed me OFF because the dentures never fit. I called the corpterate office to request a complete new set of dentures or a refund on the dentures , It surprised me that the tracy office called me the next day for a appointment for new dentures The dentist was pissed that he had to remake my dentures (I had to make sure that I DIDN'T leave my dentures there untill the new ones were made to make sure i got new ones) The new dentures fit ok had to go back for a minor adjustment it only took 11 office vist's to get done what should have been done in a MAX 3 visits--THE DENTURES ARE VERY POOR QUALITY very thin in spots and the trim of the dentures is VERY poor the sides look like they run over the edge of the moulds ad was not trrimmed properly. rate of 1-10 I could only give it a rate of 2 Affordable dentures is low priced BUT THE SERVICE AND QUALITY is not worth it. STAY AWAY FROM AFFORDABLE DENTURES THERE IS BETTER SERVICES THAT ARE A FEW $ MORE BUT MUCH BETTER QUALITY AND SERVICE

u should have spent the few extra after the first 5 visits not 9 does it really take that many visits to realize u can spend a few more dollars and get better service i am sure there is more to this story i am sure if i wasnt happy after 9 visists i would not have went back

Pleasanton, California
Affordable Dentures Dentures

Affordable Dentures - Uneducated Patients.

I was recently looking for a dentist in the Springdale AR area and used this service to identify various dentist in the area. As an individual in a managment position I was not surprised to see such negative ratings of various health professionals. Noteably, people are confused about what a consumer is as compared to a patient. While its feasable to suggest the customer is always right, the patient is rarely right. Primarly because they are not Physicains or Dentists and cant possilbly always expect that their wants are consistent with what may be needed or possible. i.e. the patients complaining about Afforable Dentures are clearly fabricating and lying about their expericences simply because they did not get what they want. Often times telling the Dr. what he should do rather than accepting his or her expertise. These complaints; typically made soley out of attempts at retribution- are so outrageously exaggerated as to be laughable. Even sadder is the notion that mature adults would actually take the time to make up such half truths and fabrications is a sad commentary on the lack of civility that seems to be pervasive in society. Any reasonably intelligent person reading these type of reviews by so called adults should ask what was this persons motivation, and as always people rarely see themselves as they are and are quick to resort to vitriolic language because they are ignorant, misinformed, or so narcissitic that they cant rise above their own sense of entitlement. Most American Physicians, Dentist, and other health care professionals are committed to providing quality health care, which is why our health care system is still considered among the finest. If you doubt this statement then go have a tooth pulled in Russia and then ask yourself which system seems superior. None of these reviews are remotely possible and are ridiculous exaggerations. No professional would treat any of these people in such a manner as suggested by the malicious, misinformed, sophomoric, and disgruntled patients who write such fabrications soley to malign Doctors who were likely trying to help them with their healthcare needs. Its simply time to grow up and act like adults.

Russia's tooth pulling is not bad. You are misinformed.

Bet you haven't been there!

Affordable Dentures, apparently, is not doing its job. You might as well say they are herding cattle into the corrals to be slaughtered

An office manager with a big thesaurus is still just an office manager. It's hilarious how many 3-syllable words this fake used just to try to appear educated.

Earth to Affordable Dentures: Consumers = Patients. All human, all fully aware of when they're being scammed.

I'm trying to find a cheap, but quality denture service for a friend of mine. I had never heard of this place before, and it's obvious to me who's telling the truth here--the patients. Based on the patient complaints here, I will definitely advise my friend to steer clear.

i so agree some people its just kinda like u cant fix *** im just sayin i aint taking sides some of theses comments are just bogus

FOr the one that post this , i wish that i didn't have to keep trying to get them to listen to me . I have been back over 4 times trying to get my dentures right and no one is listening to me the consumer.

I can't put my teeth in my mouth they hurt so badly. all i want is for them to fit properly....they ask you are you sure it's hurting , yes im sure , then you are told well wear it then come back if you need to....I just wnat to be able to wear my dentures without pain.And i have worn dnetures a long time so i know what im doing

This response was written by an owner or employee of one of these offices. I think that if this poor care was given to one of your close family members your response would be different.

I am in the medical field myself and have a very good education. The thought that the people that go to these offices are all from the trailer park is the problem.

It is all about the all mighty dollar and nothing else. I reported one office to my state's dental board.

:? Obviously this was written by either staff or owner of one of the affordable dentures.

The offensive part is where it proves that the other patient's comments were right on the money for the type of uncaring attitude you may receive at this place.

I haven't been there, just doing a google search and began reading reviews. However this was written with obvious tones and confirmed words which show that the staff could care less about the patients to the point where they will come out and verbally insult their intelligence on here.

:?

SIMPLE, I CALL BS!

View more comments (8)
Richardson, Texas
Service
Affordable Dentures Customer Care

Affordable Dentures - Ruined my dentures

I went to the affordable denture office in Franklin, In. to get my dentures relined because they had become a little loose. They relined them, charged $320.00 and when they put them in my mouth they were so painful I couldn't bear it. They filed on them and sent me on my way bleeding. I called a few days later because they were still painful. the wouldn't get me in for a week for an "adjustment". I then went and they filed some more and sent me on my way. Now, they will not stay in my mouth. I called for an appointment to get them fixed and they say their policy is adjustments only 1 to 2 p.m. I stated I only have transportation after 2:45," I am disabled and can't drive", and I don't think and adjustment is going to fix them, but I have to come in at that time for the dentist??? to see what, if anything can be done and in the meantime take them out and don't wear them. (Some caring dentist)

You need to take pictures of your dentures that they filed down and send them along with your complaint to the dental board in your state. First get a copy of your medical records from that office and get someone in the medical field to go over them with a fine tooth comb.

You can be sure that that are in many violations of dental board regulations.

Your situation seems so close to my experience. Don't be a victim.

Greenwood, Indiana
Loss

Affordable Dentures - Kicked out for refusing treatment plan that im not aware of?

I was going to the Williston office In south Burlington Vermont. I had some very painful extractions done i the front of my mouth so badly i thought he was ripping my nose out and my eyes hurt. I tolerated this got my temp partial with 4 teeth on it two broke off two weeks later this office refused to fix it . Some where this Doctor got a message I was refusing treatment with out warning or disguising this matter with me professionally he kicked me out of his office and I cannot afford to go somewhere else. He sent me a partial check for only a little of the services rendered and will not allow me back. I have asked for an explanation he will not speak to me just tells his assistants to inform me to go somewhere else end of story . I spent a lot of time and money now I'm still 6 years later living with missing teeth and a temp. partial plate. I've attempted several times to speak to him to find out what this was all about he refuses to talk. This is a poor service that sucks people in for false hopes and in public with embarrassment with their appearance when they smile or speak. Its been very hard with low income come up with the money to get the work done again that I did not get back.

With that said, the dentist himself was very kind to me there, the staff that work along with him on the other hand, especially that receptionist, are very very nasty and rude.

they banned me for telling them off when I complained about being in pain because I told them off... I went to a local place that operates on a slide and almost have my permanents and they are so decent there...

and you know exactly what I mean by knowing the "feeling" of that place just by the tone of that receptionist's voice. I have to nail file my teeth to look semi decent, but I hate that place and would never let me back there.

I had to call for quotes even though I had no intention of going there and she was just as nasty as the first time. the ER actually was shocked they'd give such a weak painkiller after ripping out all of my teeth

North Chelmsford, Massachusetts
Affordable Dentures Dentures
I had hestation on using this place and of course my gut feeling was right. I had upper dentures made. I had an appointment at 8am got there a little before let them know I was there filled out forms paid my consultation fee $65 and waited for 45 minutes. The girl...

Well is a one day process but they never tell you you are going to sit on chair in the back for hours doing nothig to you. it is an affordable place but is not worth it I have learned my lesson and will never visit affordable dentures in Conroe aagain!

it is Not a profesional place to go starting with the unprofesional front desk girl.

I cant even wear my dentures since i got them. :(

Conroe, Texas

Affordable Dentures - Made a set of dentures

went to affordable dentures in clio, MI and had custom dentures made. cheap junk. I could've made those in my garage. 595.00dollars. never should've paid until I seen the finished product. I only wear them when I go somewhere, you can't eat with them. Its true, you get what you pay for. What else can I say nobody has any pride anymore, quality is low , its all about money and greed. Anyway I discovered alot of things you can eat without teeth. and it taste better. Think twice before going to affordable dentures, you'll be dissapointed.
Glenda M

After a drunk driver hit me and my daughter I went to Mayo Cinic in Rochester, MN to have my teeth pulled. They decided my teeth which were small and crumbly and had been worked on every couple of months of my adult tooth life until I was 50 were hopeless and they fit me in.

My Mayo dentist recommended affordable dentist and they were AMAZING. It was $450 to have the basic denture made. I would have done it at Mayo, but the extraction dentist was fitting me in and the denture guy did not have an appt. available.

Drunk's insurance was paying for it. Affordable gave me the teeth I always wanted. Great fit although they are bulky now as my gums have shrunk. No probs with the dentist from Mayo who is running the affordable clinic in Rochester.

2 thumbs up. I wanted to go in to get the better ones, but they told me to wait a year as the gums often continue to shrink until then. I will go back.

ps. NO ONE knows they are dentures.

Im sorry about your experience, but an affordable denture clinic is only as good as the dentist that own it. I went to the affordable denture in New Braunfels, and they were awesome to me.

My teeth look amazing and they are still the temporarys. I have even gotten the perms yet.

Abu Dhabi, Abu Dhabi

Affordable Dentures - Poor quality and workmanship

I went to Affordable Dentures in Springdale, Arkansas, (Dr. Sharunn Shepheard) to have both upper and lower dentures replaced. Within one year the upper plate broke in two and was replaced under warranty. The replacement lost two teeth just after one year, later cracked and was repaired for a cost of $100. In less than a month two more teeth showed signs of loosening and the dentist lectured me about cars needing service, etc., as if I didn't know. He was arrogant and dismissive, so I left, returned a coupon to corporate and strongly recommend that anyone needing dentures NOT go to Affordable Dentures.
Glenda M

Once you belong to Affordable Dentures you can take your plan anywhere they are. Rhochester Minnesota is amazing as is the one the woman commented in the last post in TX.

It is worth the drive. You can write off the drive and your meals in many cases and will be reimbursed if on Medicare in many states.

Fayetteville, Arkansas

Affordable Dentures - Upper Dentures

Well, what do you know? I filed a complaint with the Atlanta Better Business against Affordable Dentures in Cartersville, GA regarding the inferior product they sold me and what I have had to do with another dentist to try to get these upper dentures (2nd set of temporaries) straightened out and the extra cost involved. They have made several attempts to get a response from this sham of a business and as of today, the BBB has not received any response. What is it going to take to have this so-called business investigated? How many other people will have to go through what many of us have gone through with Affordable Dentures? And, even after the other dentist attempted to get this 2nd set of temporaries straightened out, I still cannot stand to have them in my mouth for very long; they still *** me (after 8 months now); and I still cannot eat anything but soft food. They even affect my speech. So, now I will take them to small claims court, and it will be for a *** of a lot more than I have paid them for this piece of ***!

I have never been in a place that was so unprofessional (Cartersville Ga Affordable Dentures).

Glenda M

It has been 8 months so you can either upgrade or stick it out for a full year until your gums are done shrinking. I have a very small jaw (the size of a 4-5 yr old) and I agree that now that mine have shrunk for 6 months I am loading on the pink stuff and it is further back in my throat now than I like.

This is expected. You are under the Affordable plan so go to a better facility.

Obama's Healthcare Plan would have covered full dentistry. This is what our country has for now.

Chantilly, Virginia